Author Topic: Shallow Bay  (Read 4258 times)

Offline Torque

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Shallow Bay
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2005, 01:56:24 PM »
Dling

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
Shallow Bay
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2005, 03:10:44 PM »
cool video and dont think that mike333 u have right cause i didnt saw video of u...
Edited post
mike333 is still right though

Offline Kenny

• fuck
    • View Profile
Shallow Bay
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2005, 08:22:05 PM »
Since I got a lot of time, I'm gonna give an in-depth rating on this video.

Stunts: 9.5/10 Great stunts, especially the grinds.
0.06: Whoa great grind, too bad you didn't land it though because you cut off the landing.
0.11: Sorry man, easy BSM, done by Kert on some solo video.
0.16: Done by ViCe NiNjA on Goodbye Vice City without the hitspin.
0.22: Done by Barney on Meet the Wrecthed, on the opposite side of the rail.
0.37: Great moderate height BSM with good rotation.
0.41: Nice cork2grind, could be done by the ramp but its still a good stunt.
0.50: Nice cork2grind, but it could be done by the ramp. This ramp gives you a bad-looking cork though. So good job.
1.00: Nice stunt, done by ZeroX on Zero Hour 2 without sliding off the roof.
1.10: Sorry man, its an easy stunt, done by 28 with an airgrab on AG competition 2
1.19: Good taxi boost, but the roof is low.
1.29: Done by WEREWOLF with a taxi on Goodbye VC but he slid off the roof.
1.39: Nice clean moderate height BSM.
1.49: Done by Samurai on Touch of a Samurai. Good wallride though.
2.13: Great stunt, done by Kemical (Barney) on Shadow Zone, but he grinded only 3/4 of the rail while you managed to grind it whole. Nicely done.
2.23: Done by ZeroX on Zero Hour 2.
2.33: Nice stoppie combo. Too bad you had a chance to 360 off the roof but you didn't though.
2.43: Done by Darkness on Velocity or Fusion.

Editing: 10/10 Great editing, a big difference between your last video and this video. The credits weren't so good though.

Music: 8/10 Good song, bad quality, used in RPM.

Variety: 9.5/10 They're weren't any packerbumps.

Overall: Around 9.5/10 A keeper.

Offline Inwa

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Shallow Bay
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2005, 09:33:55 PM »
ok this was a nice vid from you brad. some great cork2grinds, cool bsm's but try to make em higher though. grind to superspin was also nice even though it was old.. there were propably too many old
stunts there..
but editing was awesome :) good job on that. music already used in ATS vid

overall: 8/10

« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 09:34:36 PM by inwa »

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Shallow Bay
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2005, 10:26:42 PM »
I don't know why this vid isn't getting better reviews, to be honest. Old stunts...? Big deal. Anyone who's bagged this vid for that reason should go out and try to get 30 completely new and original stunts for a solo and see how long it takes them. Every stunt is different, and I'm sure all the ones in Brad's vid were at least new to him. There were some new stunts anyway...the Sanchez stuckie to spin out was awesome. Low BSMs...? Again...big deal. Still enjoyable to watch and still well executed. The cork2grinds were also nice.

The editing was a little so-so, I would agree there. But everyone has their own style and it may not be to everyone's liking. I'm gonna wager if he put in less effects, half the responses would say 'should have used more effects'...hehe. The beefs about the sound quality though are justified...when used constructively. Music quality should definitely be higher when putting out a vid. Crappy quality in that regard just tends to give the whole vid a kick in the groin. As for used music...I'm so over that. If you have a song you think will work and that you like...use it. If it's been used before, who gives a crap? Music choices are already too hard without narrowing the field even further.

I think people on these forums need to step down from their high-horse and give a critical response to a vid, not just bag it out and shatter the creator's confidence. Half of the bad responses that I've seen lately are from people who haven't put out a vid in months. If you're feeling discouraged or let down by the alleged poor quality of vids lately, then make one of your own and show us all how it's done. Otherwise, keep your unnecessary verbal abuse to yourself and give credit to those people who are at least giving us forum goers something entertaining.

Oh, and to -28-...I wouldn't gripe about being warned. Your response was totally uncalled for, and you're lucky you didn't get a temp ban. Just my two cents on the matter...no hard feelings.

And to Brad...great vid dude. I actually think the red looks pretty groovy, and your stunts were great. Take any harsh criticism with a grain of salt and soldier on...would love to see more vids from ya.  

Offline WEREWOLF

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Shallow Bay
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2005, 10:38:46 PM »
Actually, I think that 28 was right. No, he shouldn't have flamed mike, but I agree with him that phrases like:
"Listen Brad. If you wanna make a cool stunt vid, then you have to do new stunts! Like Portable Bump by marky or high BSMs and high taxi stunts and high pakcer bumps...

P.S.: When will you learn?"
aren't really nice and aren't acceptable by the guy who I doubt have done some PoBs or high p2bs himself. I know that it was a constructive criticism but it wasn't the way he should have given it.

On-topic: DLing

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Shallow Bay
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2005, 10:41:33 PM »
Actually, I think that 28 was right. No, he shouldn't have flamed mike, but I agree with him that phrases like:

"Listen Brad. If you wanna make a cool stunt vid, then you have to do new stunts! Like Portable Bump by marky or high BSMs and high taxi stunts and high pakcer bumps...

Agreed also. Didn't mean to come off sounding like a prick to -28-, just letting him know that on any other forum, he would have been temp-banned, if not banned.

But yeah...at least he gave constructive criticism.  

kr3mlin

Shallow Bay
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2005, 10:57:03 PM »
Dling this little gem (possibly) now :)

Offline WEREWOLF

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Shallow Bay
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2005, 12:01:38 AM »
It was a really nice vid, you have potential. Some stunts were really great, some were pretty average but it's ok for a solo vid. Editing wasn't great but it wasn't annoying also. Good job, Brad, keep on improving and making vids :)

Offline InsaNe

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.com
Shallow Bay
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2005, 09:10:53 AM »
dlibgngng

That was hella cool vid! Nice and smooth editing ( don't liked the red stroke though ). Stunts were good, some were awesome :o Especially that ag in credits, creative. The song was used but it was good

9/10 Nice and simple vid  B)  
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 09:46:22 AM by InsaNe »

kr3mlin

Shallow Bay
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2005, 04:46:45 PM »
A pretty cool vid. Good stunts have been explained earlier. The editing sorta annoyed me in parts with the red and the audio sounded a bit odd...did you compress it too much?

Still a very good vid, im going to watch it a few more times before i can work out if its a keeper or not but definitely worth the watch

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal