Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
Ascent
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2005, 10:13:31 AM »
Cool vid.

Stunts: 8/10 Lots of variety, almost every stunt was landed(too bad that last one didn't).

Editing: 5/10 Let's hope you'll do a better job on this next time.

Intro: 8/10: Cool intro, looks like a movie trailer. Nice idea.

Outro: 6/10  A bit too simple, though it had everything it's supposed to have :P

Overall: 7/10 Cool vid, but do some more editing next time plz

Offline Ghostchild

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Ascent
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2005, 10:21:30 AM »
It desperatly need more editing, but stunts were good. Ther video could've been kick ass with more editing. But I didn't like it with the editng job done there :S

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Ascent
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2005, 11:13:48 AM »
Cheers for the comments..but what i don't understand is how nowadays vids have to be about all the effects they use in the editing...I personally believe i synched this well with the music, just because i didn't blur my bike or make the whole screen glow orange doesn't mean that the editing was not good IMO..I would much rather see a great synched vid than a vid crammed full of weird effects. Look at ATS vids for instance, they mainly just synch and there editing is great. Oh and please bare in mind that this was done in WMM2 which has barely any effects worth using.

Offline Ghostchild

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Ascent
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2005, 11:37:10 AM »
Cheers for the comments..but what i don't understand is how nowadays vids have to be about all the effects they use in the editing...I personally believe i synched this well with the music, just because i didn't blur my bike or make the whole screen glow orange doesn't mean that the editing was not good IMO..I would much rather see a great synched vid than a vid crammed full of weird effects. Look at ATS vids for instance, they mainly just synch and there editing is great. Oh and please bare in mind that this was done in WMM2 which has barely any effects worth using.
Well, that's the point, it WASN'T nice edited. But I DO understand your point though. You should really get Vegas btw. And to be honest I don't think Ats is that good at editing, it's just theire stunts that bring the vids waaay up on the lists.

I believe that effects should be used, but not shown (the classic Photoshop rule, I know). And I also know that I do NOT follow that rule AT ALL. But still, I did not like the editing, wether you made the screen orange (as I :P lol) or not.

But, as I said, I DO understand your point, but to make what I think your trying to do, you'll have to switch angles and do alot of transitions. If you look at professiol music videos, they DO NOT sue alot effects, but what they do is: change angles, and such VERY often and fast. So what you should've done is switch angles and cameras much much more often and faster. Cause you need to make the video full of POWER. Like you want to make the audience to headbang to the video. And with no switching camers almost, they just won't to that. So if your nor going to use effects use transitions and MANY and FAST switching of angles.

Offline Samurai

• ATS Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Ascent
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2005, 11:47:24 AM »
some comments as requested.

I didn't find the cam angles that bad, in general, but the movement in them shifts from side to side a bit 2 much for my taste (and was in most shots). Almost like you were having mild seizures or unsure of how to capture while frapsing. Try to have smoother panning of the camera angles and plan out each shot. Synch was nice and the lack of effects doesn't bother me ( + you were working with WMM2 so its understandable), they aren't necessary but can help. I didn't like the flash in SA when you hit off the highway sign or w/e. I like to see the actual bump instead of a white screen but i'm just picky about that i suppose  :lol: Good stunts, a good mix, good job. That last grind, i can't help but think you could've pulled it if you leaned forward and rode with the wall.  :D Anyways, again good vid.

Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 03:15:27 PM by Samurai »

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Ascent
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2005, 12:55:39 PM »
That was a solid vid.Nice work.
that last stunt was sweet.thought you were going to do an AG when you hit the wall
9/10

pep

Ascent
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2005, 02:37:58 PM »
grabbing now , not enough time to review tonight so until tomorrow :) - looking foward to watching

review:
a few spots u couldve de-packered (ammunaition roof ect) though the
outcomes were fun to watch and thats the most important bit.
cam angles werent terrible at all - i know how hard it is to rec in SA with
crappy mouse drivers so good job considering. Agree with Samurai bout
the bump seziure flashes more fun to see the contact than white screen.

Mixing sa & vc worked well i cant help but wonder what it might be like
with some sorta colour filtering to blend them.. might be nice :)
Not sure about music one minute liked it the other didnt fit .. just me
tho. overall .. enjoyed 7/10

Read your posts below, nice to see your going with a camhack intro, many possibilties still untapped :)

« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 11:53:35 AM by pep »

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Ascent
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2005, 03:23:33 PM »
GC-Thanks dude, I have already got some nicely recorded camera angles for my next..If your on MSN i will show you one...Samurai, thanks for the review and help man, its greatly appreciated..I will keep it all in mind.

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Ascent
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2005, 01:14:02 PM »
Bumptity bump...Yeah I want more reviews, so sorry for double posting :(

Offline comaboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Ascent
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2005, 01:17:45 PM »
maybe we can review you then?

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Ascent
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2005, 01:28:44 PM »
:S Of my vid :P

Offline Turtle Dick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Ascent
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2005, 06:17:52 PM »
Well i already reviewed it :P
but when's your next vid/collab coming out omni? you always have some good stuff :)  

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal