Author Topic: Depths 3  (Read 5480 times)

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
Depths 3
« on: August 04, 2013, 11:20:50 AM »

I present to you the third & final installment in the Depths trilogy. Sheikah wpuld like to thank everyone for participating & making these fine videos possible. Without further ado, here's the vid, we hope you enjoy!

Stream:

Depths 3
Stunters:

Arnax
Edga
MaxXx
Rainbow
Samurai
sheikah
Sorcery

DL link:

XQ 1080p x264 .mkv - http://rapidshare.com/files/3426906020/Depths%203.mkv
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 04:24:08 AM by Determined »

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
Re: Depths 3
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 11:27:41 AM »
Had you told me about that firetruck action I would have send them aswell  :P Still great collab. A lot of genius or great looking stuff. And nice and enjoyable editing man!

Offline Art  

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 11:29:08 AM »
stuntingwise, rainbow's boost, samurai's naval base grind (man, yu no prec that), everything that had "double" and "sorcery" in its description, and edgar's skimmerbump stood out for me.

editingwise, i didn't like CC at all, it was kinda dull IMO. those weird pan/crops weren't my taste either. work on those two :ajaja:
although, editing was not bad, i'd give it 6,5 out of 10.

enjoyable vido.

Offline ZeRo_

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 11:33:27 AM »
Awesome video guys, everybody had great stuff! :) I'm sorry I couldn't send anything for this, maybe next time? :cc_detective:

Offline MtS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 11:49:20 AM »
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 10:03:49 PM by mateus »

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 11:50:31 AM »
Sorcery's and Samurai's stunts were great.

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 12:09:41 PM »
Editing was freakin' sweet! I loved it. Samurai had the best stunts here, great to see you kicking some butts again Sam.

Offline Turok

• DSS Crew
  • Yes, this is Turok.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 12:12:43 PM »
Awesome video, guys! I liked opener, samurai's nat to ledgegrind at san fiero's naval base and sheikah's double grind in vc (damn man you got really lucky with that ledgegrind :D )

Offline godson

• Veteran Member
  • zodiac shit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 12:28:30 PM »
cool videa.

Offline JustCaus3

• aka tuutti
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 12:52:34 PM »
Collab filled with style to say the least. Guys like Arnax, Ohki, Max and Sorcery stood out to me. Editing was really nice and shiny but VC video's do work with less glow n effects but still it was enjoyable.

Shoutout to Ohki for still kicking it.  :ajaja:

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 01:38:46 PM »
Awesome, really liked it, good job on the edit too :)
Liked every stunt in here, some really sexy ones and great ideas from everyone!
NICE, thx for invitation :P

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 01:48:22 PM »
First huge thanks to everyone who sent for any of the 3 vids. Also thanks to gdl and determined for editing them. My faves were Sorcery's double stoppie combo, Sam's bump to grind in sf, and Arnax's comet p2b.

@Rainbow: I did tell ya to send the firetruck stunts.
@Turok: Yup it was a total fluke  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 01:51:02 PM by Herb »

Offline Srcry

• DUSTED
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 03:10:45 PM »
Everyone really delivered for this. :ajaja:

Great job everyone. :wub:

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 07:46:07 PM »
editingwise, i didn't like CC at all, it was kinda dull IMO. those weird pan/crops weren't my taste either. work on those two :ajaja:

I can get behind the pan/crops as they really did need some fine tuning, but I have to disagree with you on the colors, it's purely subjective, but I'll state my reasons for them. The colors are meant to be a bit dull, because, even though the song is quite energetic, it is also quite a sad song & I tried to complement that emotion with the colors on top of the energy it produces, so for me, saying that the colors were dull, is kind of a compliment, I guess it's a matter of taste & interpretation. Thanks for the feed back though, I'll try to cut it out with the pan/crop in the future, I usually try to use it very subtly, but I just felt the need to complement those riffs with 'em & I went a bit overboard, especially on Max's & Edga's stunts.

Collab filled with style to say the least. Guys like Arnax, Ohki, Max and Sorcery stood out to me. Editing was really nice and shiny but VC video's do work with less glow n effects but still it was enjoyable.

Shoutout to Ohki for still kicking it.  :ajaja:

There are barely any effects though, the ones that are there were intended to bring out the catharsis of the song, the high point, if you will, since none of the previous beats were really accentuated I felt it'd really feel relieving & satisfying for the viewer to make that culmination using the effects. I guess it didn't translate that well, I probably overdid it, my apologies, I'll try to conceive that better in the future. Also, the colors didn't have any glow, so either you're referring to the effects, or I'm getting something wrong here. Nonetheless, thanks for your input, criticism is always much appreciated.

Thanks to everyone else who enjoyed the vid & thanks to sheikah for letting me put it all together for him, I had tons of fun editing it under the song he chose & I feel I improved a lot, especially in angles/recording stuff, I had recorded around 300 raw angles weighing around 250 gb & from which I selected the best ones (final result was around 100gb), I picked the ones I felt complemented the stunts & the song the most, I did a lot of experimenting with them & I'm quite satisfied with the outcome.

Also, I fucking loved everyone's stuff in this, it's been a while since such a solid collab has been made with minimal amount of filler stunts, big props to sheikah for finding such unique & creative minds for this one!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 09:03:45 PM by Determined »

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 09:26:32 PM »
Stop apologizing and make videos you enjoy, if the feedback being thrown at you is nothing but negative nitpicks then you better not listen to them unless you're 110% convinced. The video was beautifully well-done and atmospheric, you fixed your pacing a ton which was a big big improvement for me, at this very stage you nailed this style of editing but this is rather very interesting for me because.. one very inspirational member of this community once told me that all editors reach the point where they know how to edit well but then from that point, some start to stand out and some just keep doing what they do.

The only thing thats missing from your videos is that nothing grabs my attention, there isn't anything interesting happening it's very static and predictable (technically), as a viewer I want something non-linear. There are a lot of stunts in this video that'd have benefited a TON with a couple of angle switches in combination with the effects you already had there. Think of it as a lengthy dialogue scene in a movie, you'd hate your life if it was simply a one angle scene (of course theres an exception to every rule). Theres a lot of notes I'd like to add but we could talk about that later, main point is that you're a good editor now, look at everything available in the editing scene and figure out a way to stand out, give everyone a reason to talk about your video and share it just for its editing. This is the point where you go big or go home  :cc_detective:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 09:28:37 PM by Beat »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal