Poll

Should wheelies & stoppies be removed from the WR list?

yes
17 (47.2%)
no
14 (38.9%)
doesn't matter to me
5 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Should wheelies & stoppies be removed from WRs?  (Read 6695 times)

Offline marklund

• View Profile
    • http://
Should wheelies & stoppies be removed from WRs?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2005, 04:36:58 AM »
What the ... Keep them, they are stunts just like the others.

Offline ZeroX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2005, 04:37:40 AM »
Wheelies and stoppies can go on forever in Vice City too and they are easy, but they've stayed in the records. I don't see why it should be any different for SA, its still a record and if someone wants to waste their time to hold the record good for them.

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2005, 08:40:59 AM »
This poll seems really stupid to me...surely if 2 people want the record kept then it should be kept because they would want to battle for the record..As 7 (or more) of us think it should stay this topiic is now pointless.

*Scouts for admin*

Offline Buzzsaw

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2005, 11:26:19 AM »
no, it's not pointless. the purpose is to let people weigh in on the issue. no one said the result of the poll votes is going to determine what actually happens. now you want the topic closed? wtf? just because you disagree doesn't mean you should "scout for admin". <_<
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 11:28:19 AM by Buzzsaw »

Offline Buzzsaw

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2005, 02:10:02 PM »
well, i've been thinking about it and someone made a good point earlier- if people enjoy doing wheelies and stoppies then they should be allowed to do it and get recognition for it. it's kinda selfish to say people shouldn't be allowed to get recognition for a record just because some of us don't like it personally. i guess one of the main things that makes the wheelie and stoppie records a pain in the ass is the fact that they're so long, and i personally don't feel like watching a long ass wheelie/stoppie vid. so what i propose is that we keep wheelies/stoppies on the list but require screenshot proof only (just for wheelies and stoppies). if there is a dispute or someone thinks it's suspicious then they can ask for vid proof. but i don't think people should make a big deal out of it, because it's not all that great of an accomplishment either way, imo.

as for dividing the wheelies/stoppies into seperate categories for circles and straight lines, the logic for doing this is the same as that of my desire to put chiliad in a seperate category for distance and rotation. but pretty much everyone didn't like the idea.

Offline Scorpio

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2005, 02:20:12 PM »
so does that mean the wheelie record will be bumped up to my previos record of 15 min?

Offline Buzzsaw

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2005, 02:26:15 PM »
if the majority doesn't have a problem with my suggestion and you have a screenshot of it, yes. but i'm gonna give people a chance to respond to what i said before i actually do anything.

Rage Machine

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2005, 02:29:46 PM »
Why would you get rid of them? :blink:  

Offline Scorpio

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2005, 06:22:30 PM »
some feel that because there are ways to hold a stoppie/wheelie for long periods of time, it should not be a world record stunt

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2005, 06:29:25 PM »
no, it's not pointless. the purpose is to let people weigh in on the issue. no one said the result of the poll votes is going to determine what actually happens. now you want the topic closed? wtf? just because you disagree doesn't mean you should "scout for admin". <_<
I usually agree with what you say Buzz..but serioualy I know of people who want this to stay, so it should stay..it is not just ME wanting them to stay records cus I would never want to break them myself..but as others enjoy breaking them and want to break them then just cus a few people think there too easy for them or pointless they should be stopped? Thats just stupid.

Offline Buzzsaw

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2005, 08:11:47 PM »
you're simplifying my position and the point of this thread a little too much. the point of the thread was to see what people think about this. my personal position originally was that wheelies/stoppies should be removed because they're boring and there's no challenge. i have thought about it and agree that people shouldn't be denied they're entry on the WR list if they enjoy doing wheelies/stoppies. regardless of what i think, i wasn't gonna take them off the list unless there was at least a 75% vote in favor and no compelling arguments to not change anything. obviously that is not the case. the vote is dead even after 24 votes (not including those who voted "doesn't matter to me") and there are some good arguments against changing things, so at this point i have no intention of taking wheelies/stoppies off the WR list. since people are split on what should be done, i'm proposing a compromise- keep wheelies/stoppies on the list but require screenshot proof only, which will make things much easier.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal