Author Topic: Favorite song climax  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Jubito

• I got CDs in my crate like crack in my pocket...yeah right, neither of the above
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Favorite song climax
« on: September 12, 2011, 06:13:42 AM »
Well the best one (In my opinion):
The Doors-The End [FULL]

And then followed by:
Infected Mushroom - Becoming Insane
1:45 I feel like I have been filled with energy every time I listen to it....

Offline Rok

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite song climax
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 06:30:26 AM »

Offline Kukiel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 06:50:56 AM »
How about an actually climax?

slum village - climax

Offline CRYOSPHERE

• alias Guardian
  • Veteran Member
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 08:45:23 AM »
Ulrich Schnauss - A Strangely Isolated Place (A Strangely Isolated PlaceLP)
Sounds mindblowing when u listen to it while driving at night :wub:

Offline Christian

• Digital+
  • ~ exLective.
    • View Profile
    • exLective Prod.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 08:49:59 AM »

Offline 灰野 敬二

• 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 09:28:42 AM »
Tool - Lateralus

7:17 onwards...

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 09:37:46 AM »
Alright, long ass post coming up.

Off The Beatles' Abbey Road, all the way from Sun King, through Mean Mr. Mustard, Polythene Pam, She Came In Through the Bathroom Window, Golden Slumbers and Carry That Weight is an amazing series of songs, eventually wrapping up with:
[noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a_8F6gflxQ[/noembed]
As a sort of climax you could say.

[noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQsPv4FMyLg[/noembed]
This one of my favorite build-ups, but Sigur Ros have many others as well. Including Glósóli (off the album Takk) and Inní mér syngur vitleysingur (off the album Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust).

The Beatles also have some other songs that just sounds so fucking cool I can't help but smiling when hearing it, including Happiness is a Warm Gun, during the lyrics: when I hold you in my arms, and I feel my finger on your trigger, I know, nobody can do me no harm *because* happiness is a warm gun

Also, The Velvet Underground have some songs that have equal climax moments, for example Oh! Sweet Nuthin' off Loaded, and Heroin off The Velvet Underground & Nico.

Daft Punk's live album Alive 2007 is filled with remixes of their songs where they've created amazing build-ups and climax moments.

Nobuo Uematsu, the composer for the Final Fantasy video games series is amazing at creating musical climaxes, evident in for example To Zanarkand or Besaid Island off the FFX Piano Collections, One Winged Angel or J-E-N-O-V-A off FFVII Piano Collections, or my personal favorites, the five last tracks off the FFX-2 Piano Collections: Cave's Nightmare, Demise, 1000 Words, Epilogue ~Reunion~ and Eternity ~Memories of Light and Waves~.

Tool have some amazing climaxes like in Wings for Marie and Rosetta Stoned off the album 10.000 Days.

Led Zeppelin made some of my favorite songs of all time, with epic build ups like in Dazed and Confused, How Many More Times and Stairway to Heaven (off Led Zeppelin (self-titled) and Led Zeppelin IV respectively).

The musical Les Miserables has some outstanding build-ups like At the End of the Day and A Heart Full of Love.

Queens of the Stone Age's epic ballads off their first two albums (self-titled and Rated R): You Can't Quit Me Baby and I Think I Lost My Headache.

Them Crooked Vultures has a great build-up and climax towards the end of Spinning in Daffodils. Mew's Comforting Sounds is another one. I love the climax with the percussions at every beat towards the end The Decemberists' Sons & Daughters. Deadmau5' Strobe is another swan song with a beautiful climax. Lastly I could mention Rage Against the Machine's Wake Up amongst others.

Needless to say, I am a fan of ballads, build-ups and climaxes. I hope you guys can enjoy some of these as much as I do. :]

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:40:20 AM by Red »

Offline Jubito

• I got CDs in my crate like crack in my pocket...yeah right, neither of the above
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 10:04:37 AM »
Definitely agree about Velvet Underground and Tool! I can't really comment anything on the other choices you pointed out since I don't listen to all of them :D
Also here is a song I forgot to post:
Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Probably one of my favorite Pink Floyd songs, so inspiring, + it is a tribute to Syd Barret, the whole heart and soul of Pink Floyd. Too bad he really did abuse LSD, but nevertheless he always stayed and will stay a genius musician.

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 11:25:31 AM »
I definitely agree about that one, as well as The End by The Doors from the first post. Another great Pink Floyd climax moment is the beginning of Eclipse, the final song on Dark Side of the Moon.

Offline Jubito

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 12:12:03 PM »
I definitely agree about that one, as well as The End by The Doors from the first post. Another great Pink Floyd climax moment is the beginning of Eclipse, the final song on Dark Side of the Moon.
Yeah! It is also one of the best endings to an album if you ask me :D
Another great climax, I get goosebumps every time I hear it, kinda feeling eerie when I hear the screaming part:
Pink Floyd - Careful With That Axe Eugene

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal