Author Topic: Dead Island  (Read 2451 times)

Offline Flat Face

• With power comes lulz
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Dead Island
« on: September 06, 2011, 09:03:23 AM »
A role playing game described as a mix between fallout and l4d, it also reminds me of farcry 2

Dead Island: Juice

Looks pretty good :)

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Island
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 09:39:11 AM »
would be downloading if more ppl would be seeding and less leeching, I don't wanna buy it because then I won't have money for MW3 and other games :<

I AM GOING TO PURCHASE THIS GAME AS I AM ALL ABOUT SUPPORTING GAME DEVELOPERS AND NOT GETTING GTAS IN TROUBLE FOR POSTING ABOUT WAREZ
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:08:55 AM by Flat Face »

Offline torekk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • torekk's blog
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 09:45:28 AM »
WAIT, IT'S OUT?!

edit: Oh fuck, 2 more days for germany.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 09:47:58 AM by torekk »

Offline Davve

• Veteran Member
  • Colossus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 09:46:57 AM »
The debut trailer of Dead Island was the best trailer I've seen in a very, VERY long time and it got my hopes up for a zombiegame with a real story that actually affected you. What I've seen on youtube of it doesn't look promising at all so I'm pretty sure I won't get it.

For you lazy bastards, here's the trailer: Dead Island Trailer

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 03:24:44 PM »
^ I watched that trailer 20 times this morning and 30times in the past few hours.... its brilliant and at the same time the most harsh thing I've ever seen related to a video game....... who thought of the idea of this trailer........ fucking hell.. thats all I can say, I'm kind of speechless.

I'm 40 minutes away from playing the game, I have my hopes high... though as this trailer shows a very emotional story I'm afraid the game doesn't actually have a story? I'm not sure but I heard so.. I hope it does have a story because thats what I enjoy the most.. especially if its a zombie game like Dead Rising.

Will edit this post after I dive into the game :P

Offline Seto0

• >(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 05:43:36 PM »
^ I watched that trailer 20 times this morning and 30times in the past few hours.... its brilliant and at the same time the most harsh thing I've ever seen related to a video game....... who thought of the idea of this trailer........ fucking hell.. thats all I can say, I'm kind of speechless.

I'm 40 minutes away from playing the game, I have my hopes high... though as this trailer shows a very emotional story I'm afraid the game doesn't actually have a story? I'm not sure but I heard so.. I hope it does have a story because thats what I enjoy the most.. especially if its a zombie game like Dead Rising.

Will edit this post after I dive into the game :P

I can assure you that this is gonna be the best zombie game you'll ever play (maybe after PvZ). :ajaja:

Offline Vegas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 09:15:23 PM »
I've been waiting for this game yeah! The trailer was so kickass that they posted it on ČSFD (something like Czech IMDB), which was the first time ever I saw a game article there. High expectations for it, looks promising! :)

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 09:36:14 PM »
would be downloading if more ppl would be seeding and less leeching, I don't wanna buy it because then I won't have money for MW3 and other games :<

I AM GOING TO PURCHASE THIS GAME AS I AM ALL ABOUT SUPPORTING GAME DEVELOPERS AND NOT GETTING GTAS IN TROUBLE FOR POSTING ABOUT WAREZ
no.

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 10:36:48 PM »
I'm probably gonna stand corrected, but this game has all the hallmarks of one that will wind up disappointing. It's been hyped for years, that hype has only increased in the lead-up to its release - does anyone recall Too Human?

It looks great, but it also looks about two years too late. Zombies in a game is now so cliche that it'd have to do very well to stand out. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong though.

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 02:43:25 AM »
Yeah, by the far the best zombie game I've ever played, so entertaining and never feels boring, though I find the feel of it so depressing.. that I'm forced not to play it continuously  :hmm:

Offline lilj

• Veteran Member
  • techincal ?
    • View Profile
    • MY GTA SAN ANDREAS VIDEOS
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 02:50:43 AM »
would be fun playing the game with a freind, seen hutch and someone do it, seems hella fun

Offline Kukiel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 02:54:27 AM »
Nothing can beat good, old L4D.

Offline Waffy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 02:54:44 AM »
I want this game even more now. Punching zombies in their face is a plus for me!I am not one for zombie games but this looks amazing.  :jajaja:

Offline math22

• French PS3 stunter PSNid:MAT_22_
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/math22math22
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 07:45:59 AM »
this game is amazing! theres a few extremly annoying bugs but its a lot of fun to destroy those fucking zombies  :lol:

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 02:43:09 PM »
Finally beat the game last night. I played for approx. 45 hours before beating it on level 38 with Sam B. The final stage was pretty hard for me. Those "Infected" are viscous especially with a blade. I was gutted 5 or ten times by them. :lol: There is a small glitch where you can easily kill them by hanging around the tool bench.

It's fun, some things pissed me off visually and such... sounds were pretty terrible throughout. But it's an enjoyable game. I would like to start over and do an online campaign or something.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal