Author Topic: Killing Time  (Read 15416 times)

Offline THEFTman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Killing Time
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2005, 01:23:59 AM »
um, this is SA. i'm saying they're new to SA, and i think it's plainly obvious that is what i meant.
You just saw this things in VC's vids and Tryed them in SA... :angry:  

Offline Buzzsaw

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Killing Time
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2005, 01:29:34 AM »
dude, c'mon. ask nitz and he'll tell you about the conversation we had in which i said i'd never seen a p2tb in VC and was surprised it wasn't done more often. he pointed out that it's been done in VC, and it was no big deal. as for the downhill backwards faggio stoppie and faggio stoppiegrabs...is that even possible in VC? i honeslty couldn't tell you, as i am unaware of it being done in VC if it is indeed possible.

what's with all this hostility? :/

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Killing Time
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2005, 01:39:52 AM »
I liked the vid, there were some great stunts in there, and anything new in SA is a good thing in my opinion. Backwards faggio stoppies have in fact been done in VC yeah, but until seeing Buzz's one in this vid, I held out no hope at all for stoppies in SA. The boat stunt was also pretty darn groovy.

I think the back and forth 'VC is better than SA' arguments are getting a tad old. So let's just appreciate what people are putting out and start getting back to being a community.

You just saw this things in VC's vids and Tryed them in SA...

And for the record, that argument's a bit redundant, considering people do that all the time with VC on it's own.  

Offline comaboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Killing Time
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2005, 01:40:56 AM »
I've seen the backwards stoppie in VC, but not so sure on the stoppiegrab.  Nice vid, nothing massively awesome, but no real fillers, music fit well, although i thought the sync was slightly out on the intro too.

Offline Buzzsaw

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Killing Time
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2005, 01:48:23 AM »
yeah, i screwed up the syncing in the beginning. i meant for the flashing of stunts to match the overall tempo of the first 13 seconds of "wicked garden" because the 13 second point seemed like the best point to start the first stunt.

Offline finallight

• View Profile
    • vids
Killing Time
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2005, 01:54:51 AM »
...I held out no hope at all for stoppies in SA.
Just faggio stoppies or stoppies on all bikes, cause Buzzsaw did a 18-19 second one in Gasoline, I think, and I did a 29 sec one on a pcj...like the faggio stoppies in VC you can press accelerate in SA on the pcj, and the fcr900.

Offline Buzzsaw

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Killing Time
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2005, 01:57:20 AM »
yeah, the FCR is the best for riding a stoppie, because it has wide tires and thus doesn't wobble nearly as much as the NRG.

Offline Hagz

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Killing Time
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2005, 02:52:34 AM »
This will probably start up a big flame war, but I am entitled to my own opinion.

Sorry to say but way to many packer bumps that were just not entertaining to watch. I mean a bump is cool if you get some rotation to the roof. It gets old just seeing somebody hit a bump and then fly a straight line to the roof they were aiming for. Don't get me wrong, Im not trying to say it isn't hard but Im just saying they are very boring to watch in SA.

The new concepts were ok I guess, I did the like the sanchez stunt, the faggio grab thing was kinda weak and the stoppie was alright. I will give props on the boat stunt however because that was cool.

Editing was way to choppy and the framerate on some spots to me looked horrible, aswell as the quality of the video. The intro didn't seemed synced very well to me.

Now that I have said that, don't bite my head off or none of that. Im just telling you how I felt about this vid and SA vids in general.

I have yet to download one San Andreas video that I added to my collection, hopefully one of these days there will be a SA video that good.

Sorry if it sounds like Im being to harsh but Im just giving out my honest opinion on the video. I give props to Juan and Buzz for making another SA video, but to me they just aren't entertaining.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 02:53:52 AM by Hagz »

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Killing Time
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2005, 04:27:25 AM »
This will probably start up a big flame war, but I am entitled to my own opinion.

Sorry to say but way to many packer bumps that were just not entertaining to watch. I mean a bump is cool if you get some rotation to the roof. It gets old just seeing somebody hit a bump and then fly a straight line to the roof they were aiming for. Don't get me wrong, Im not trying to say it isn't hard but Im just saying they are very boring to watch in SA.

The new concepts were ok I guess, I did the like the sanchez stunt, the faggio grab thing was kinda weak and the stoppie was alright. I will give props on the boat stunt however because that was cool.

Editing was way to choppy and the framerate on some spots to me looked horrible, aswell as the quality of the video. The intro didn't seemed synced very well to me.

Now that I have said that, don't bite my head off or none of that. Im just telling you how I felt about this vid and SA vids in general.

I have yet to download one San Andreas video that I added to my collection, hopefully one of these days there will be a SA video that good.

Sorry if it sounds like Im being to harsh but Im just giving out my honest opinion on the video. I give props to Juan and Buzz for making another SA video, but to me they just aren't entertaining.
You can do just as much variety with PB's in SA than you can in VC...I've never seen a VC packer bump with more than a 720 spin in it.

Malkavian [GVT]

Killing Time
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2005, 05:08:24 AM »
Nice vid. "Crash grabs" looked well as almost all stunts in the vid. But music disapoints  <_< Not for stunting IMHO
8/10 i think. Good work.  ;)  

Offline Juan

• Veteran Member
  • TMS
    • View Profile
Killing Time
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2005, 05:32:26 AM »
I seem to have beaten some people to some stunts, and for that I am sorry. :(

not, those stunts are awsome and good thing i released before somebody else did.

kr3mlin

Killing Time
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2005, 09:09:53 AM »
Hey guys my view o da vid.

The stunts were all very well executed, cept the packer bump to the purple dome thing, i got a clear landing of that right in the centre of the roof and gave it for the crew vid, and it got put here :( meh.

The music was fine it could be edited to but the editing did need a bit of work, it lacked effects as people said but i think vids with effects dont need to be complex they just allow the presentation to be kicked up. The vid quality was a bit poor but i can understand cos you explained to me before you made it.

Otherwise the stunts were entertaining just presentation lacked. If the standard of stunts is what you are giving for the next release i cant wait

cheers

Offline Buzzsaw

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Killing Time
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2005, 11:21:50 AM »
It gets old just seeing somebody hit a bump and then fly a straight line to the roof they were aiming for. Don't get me wrong, Im not trying to say it isn't hard but Im just saying they are very boring to watch in SA.
no, i'm not going to bite your head off. i just don't understand why you're talking about all packer bumps not having rotation. there were 8 p2b2r jumps in this vid that had either a 360 or krail. and as omni said, most packer bumps in VC don't have much rotation either. but once again, IMO, comparing SA to VC is illogical simply because the games are so drastically different. i'm not looking to argue about it though. :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 11:22:48 AM by Buzzsaw »

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
Killing Time
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2005, 09:07:46 PM »
no affence, but 6.5/10. I dont like to see people land stunts when they are fuckin backwards like the first stunt.

I liked the last minute of the vid the most. :lol:

And thanks to finallight for makin a low res...

Offline Buzzsaw

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Killing Time
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2005, 09:16:19 PM »
dipping the frontend so that the front wheel hits first stops your momentum on backwards landings. you can't land backwards going fast, most of the time. and on the first stunt the bike spun around as soon as the wheel hit.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 09:19:53 PM by Buzzsaw »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal