Author Topic: Battlefield 3 Known Specs Released  (Read 2490 times)

Offline Ferσή

• Wasteland Heroes
  • suck a cheetahs dick
    • View Profile
Battlefield 3 Known Specs Released
« on: February 06, 2011, 06:10:14 AM »
Battlefield 3: Official Teaser Trailer HD 1080p

Battlefield 3 Specs:
Release date: Autumn 2011 (solid date TBA)
Beta: July 2011
Platforms: Battlefield 3 will be available for PC, xBox 360 & Playstation 3. No plans for the Nintendo Wii. (Even tho it is a port EA insists special attention will be given to the PC version.
Operating systems: Windows 7 / Vista only. WinXP, Mac OS & Linux are NOT supported.
Single player mode included on all systems.
Minimum/Recommended Hardware
(TBA)
Mulitplayer support:
Playstation 3 – 26 players.
Xbox 360 – 26 players.
PC Version – 64 players.
Wii Version – 0 players. (see: Battlefield 3 for Wii)
Battlefield 3 Maps (Mostly urban. Much isn’t known yet, but this is what we got so far)
Paris
Tehran
New York
Factions
USMC
EU
Russian
MEC
Battlefield 3 Gameplay:
Real life weather.
Day/Night
Vehicle warfare (including sea battles)
16 types of jets and 8 helicopters.
Prone position will be included.
New feature: drag fallen teammates to saftey. (I particularly can’t wait for this one. Just watch pesky teammates dump people off the ship or a tall building, lol’s anyone?)
Battlefield 3 Extras:
Battlefield 3 Limited edition copy will be announced at GDC 2011 which will include the popular Battlefield 2 map, Strike at Karkand.
Please continue checking this article for updates or check out our Battlefield 3 Wiki (give us some time as the page is outdated) page for more information. To get the latest information join our facebook fanpage to get up to the minute news.
Via: http://bf3nation.com/2011/02/battlefield-3-specs-%E2%80%93-known-facts-so-far/

My Girlfriend is going to break up with me for this game
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 06:47:03 AM by Ferσή »

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3 Known Specs Released
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 09:13:56 AM »
unless they build the maps accordingly, playing 64 players on a map designed for significantly less than will be more terrible than the smallest CoD map.

Offline Ferσή

• Wasteland Heroes
  • suck a cheetahs dick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 10:51:51 AM »
unless they build the maps accordingly, playing 64 players on a map designed for significantly less than will be more terrible than the smallest CoD map.
I can't imagine flying a jet on ANY CoD maps.

Offline Noah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 10:59:01 AM »
Never liked CoD. Always liked Bf. This is gonna be awesome.

Gotta practise my aim with some CS 1.6

Offline AJ Collins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RockstarNexus
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 11:09:54 AM »
I'm not too optimistic about BF3. After 2142, DICE has been heavily focused on creating CoD console only clones. Hell, they couldn't even port a simple 360 arcade game, BF1943, to the PC in two fucking years when the engine is already on the PC and BC2 was a big disappointment for me and many other BF2 fans I know. Until they actually show off the game, I'm not going to get my hopes up. :(

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 11:13:43 AM »

no no, that's not what I mean: if they make the 26 people maps for the consoles, but then port those maps over to the PC without expanding them in some way, that's worse than the smallest of CoD maps;

Offline Ferσή

• Wasteland Heroes
  • suck a cheetahs dick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 04:21:52 PM »

no no, that's not what I mean: if they make the 26 people maps for the consoles, but then port those maps over to the PC without expanding them in some way, that's worse than the smallest of CoD maps;
Platforms: Battlefield 3 will be available for PC, xBox 360 & Playstation 3. No plans for the Nintendo Wii. (Even tho it is a port EA insists special attention will be given to the PC version.) I hope that will address it. But AJ is right. I've seen EA butcher a lot of things. I'll be disappointed but I won't be surprised

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 08:26:46 AM »
I think EA knows what it's doing with this game. I've read a lot of concerns about PC gamers not being sure this is the Battlefield they will know from Battlefield 2. But so far they have said to really listen to the community (yeah I know it could be standard lies, but I have a hunch to believe them on this one)

I just hope they will listen to the Battlefield 2 fanbase and create an amazing game.

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 09:01:46 AM »
Interesting..  :hmm:

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
  • not afraid of dying, pieces of me die all the time
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 09:15:53 AM »
Sooo, Its going to be like Battlefield 2021?

Offline Ferσή

• Wasteland Heroes
  • suck a cheetahs dick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 02:50:45 PM »
No it's going to be Battlefield 3.
Modern day.

Offline AJ Collins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RockstarNexus
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 05:12:50 PM »
Some more information:
-Dedicated servers
-Single player and co-op in addition to multiplayer
-Only four classes
-"Expanded" 4-player squads from BC2
-Mod tools not the focus, won't be delivered in the same way as BF2
-PC is the focus and then fiddling with it to work on console

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/08/battlefield-3-to-have-dedicated-servers-leading-on-pc/

I'm kinda disappointed by this.  Primary because of the kits and mod tools not being the focus. I loved the way kits worked in BF2 and the main reason BF2 is still popular today is because of mods such as Project Reality. I'd much rather them focus on creating really good modding tools and multiplayer more than work on a single player campaign that will only last 5 hours. Still nice to hear PC is the focus but I've heard this before so I'm not holding my breath.

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 05:24:28 AM »
The mod tools is indeed a bit sad, but I assume they will release them sooner or later after they brought out some DLC. I believe they know the community absolutely loved the mod tools.

Offline AJ Collins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RockstarNexus
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 12:11:48 PM »
Well it's $60 for the PC version now according to EA's store. So much for BF3 then, I'm not going to support a publisher that tries to gouge money out of it's customers. Hell DNF has over 12 years of development, tens of millions of dollars in dev costs and they have to pay royalties for the engine but it's still $50 for the PC version. BF3 is developed with an internal engine and has only been in development for what, two years now? How disappointing.

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 01:22:11 PM »
10 bucks more, so what? :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal