Author Topic: cloudwalker  (Read 4741 times)

Offline FELIX

• formerly known as Flava and cloudwalker
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
cloudwalker
« on: September 28, 2010, 12:20:11 PM »
..My Best Of

Yes a self-titled video... why not! :D
Well the editing did not turn out as good as I saw it in my dreams, mainly because I edited it within a few hours. But I guess you can enjoy it anyway. Also the stunts aren't really outstanding nowadays but I've never been the most active stunter. So I hope you leave some nice comments because this is my last SA Stunting Video. I will try VC a bit. But nothing serious. ;)

Also sorry for not uploading it since I rendered it but I just didn't feel like doing it because I don't even like it that much! :(

Download:
http://www.multiupload.com/CXFNW7WLWH

Stream:
cloudwalker

http://vimeo.com/15452628
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 04:28:09 AM by cloudwalker »

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
Re: cloudwalker
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 12:22:14 PM »
Watching!  :cheernutz:

Well, since it's my 1000th post, I want to do something special, so here goes:

Intro: A really nice cinematic, love the scripting, but the colors are too bright imo.

Opener: Loved the first angle, really looked great, the stunt is nice looking as well, tho this method has become really overused & isn't that hard nor innovative.
MTB grind: The execution is really nice with that bonk on the grind, tho the grind itself could've been a little longer. Nice looking stunt.
Ramp to BB: Simple, nice looking stunt.
Wallride to drop curbbump to grind: The stunt is a really nice idea, I really like these kind of stunts, the only thing that I dislike is the way the grind is started, it could've been a little smoother.
A grab: Filler? Really, I don't see anything that great about this grab.
Taxi boost to precision: The spot is kinda obvious, but nonetheless it's a really nice little stunt.
Tree precision: Once again, awesome camera work. In general I dislike preci's that are smaller than the bike itself (palms, lamps etc), but that's my personal taste, well done stunt.
Ramp to wallbonk to roof: I liked the execution, especially the backwards land, old spot tho.
MTB preci: A pretty simple stunt, but not everything has to be super complex, it's a cool little stunt.
Bump to precision: The height really makes it look cool, the preci is really clean in the way, that you just stop flat on the preci without any needless movements, I like it.
Sidep2b to roof: Plain bigair, nothing really special about this stunt.
Carbump to grind: Classic! I like it, especially the nice little spin in the air.
Bump to grind: The stunt is really simple, but the execution is fucking beatiful, touching the roof with the black wheel to get just enough spin to make a bonk switch grind, it's perfect.
Infernus watergap: Not really much to say about this one, kinda simple, but it's not that easy to find these.
-Some nice camera & editing work in between-
P2b to precision: Really innovative stunt, and the execution is once again really lovely.
Freeway precision: Awesome! Lovely execution & a great stunt!.
Cabbie boost to precision: Loved the hitspin, another great simple, well executed stunt. That shaking & light rays weren't so fitting tho.
Outro: If you can make an awesome atmosphere & feel for the outro, you know you're great.

Overall it was a really enjoyable vid with great CC, awesome camerawork & epic feel to the vid, you're the expert on making awesome atmospheres, really great job man.

9/10  :wub:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 03:21:03 PM by Determined »

Offline bLADE

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 12:23:33 PM »

Offline EGjunge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 12:25:59 PM »
Watching!  :cheernutz:
E: Nice, very nice indeed
When I saw the intro i though that CJ is gonna walk on the clouds xD
Well, a very nice edit i have to say :) awesome stunts also
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 12:33:06 PM by EGjunge »

Offline Cookie

• Veteran Member
  • om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 12:33:02 PM »
Great video  :D
The editing was really nice and had a great atmosphere. Its nice to see a different style every now and again.  :happy:
The stunts were great and i have nothing bad to say about them.
GJ  :jajaja:

Offline KasT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 12:37:08 PM »
Can't wait to see it  :a-cheer:

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 12:38:54 PM »
The editing had some signs of rush, but overall it was schweet. The only thing i disliked in particular was the overuse of those lame freeplay alternate cams. The stunts were for the most part okay, a few were great and the only really awesome one was the finisher.

Thanks for the thanks.

8.5/10

Offline MeetMyMeat

• Veteran Member
  • Enough video games guys
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 12:41:15 PM »
Which stunt is the oldest here?

Rushed edit, annoying song but the chorus wasn't that unpleasent. I think you should've taken more time for this as it was your last vid but that's just my view on "best of" vids.

Offline FELIX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 12:46:56 PM »
Which stunt is the oldest here?

Rushed edit, annoying song but the chorus wasn't that unpleasent. I think you should've taken more time for this as it was your last vid but that's just my view on "best of" vids.

I would have taken more time if I still would be "into gtastunting". Oh and everybody has a different taste of music. Thanks for the comments! :)

Offline Sava

• Veteran Member
  • me tbh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 12:59:27 PM »
Well yea I really like some stunts and that countryside treeprec  & the finisher are fucking awesome.
I dislike the editing ,but I love the song  :wub:
Have fun in VC  :)

Offline KasT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 01:01:42 PM »
It's awesome! This video developed your awesome style of camera angles combined with the great pan/crop movements. The cc and the timecyc were really cheerful and awesome. Probably one of the most original editings from you. I just loved the effect you used around 2:17 ,i'm going to ask you about it on msn  :P.
INSANE music choice. I can't stop listening to that song.<3
Now, some things about the stunts. Although, there were some stunts which seemed a bit random for a best of, there were also some really epic ones, such as the finisher, or the mtb combo and not to forget about the opener. :3
Oh and, Thanks for the thanks  :a-cheer:

Offline Kacknase

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 02:23:40 PM »
now that was awesome  :euro:

what a great atmosphere. sick song and great editing. the effects were awesome looking and fitting to the song as always i guess, some parts seemed a BIT dull but overall it was really great, one of my fav editings of ya :3. Intro was mindblowing lol, really great scripting.
I also loved the Outro, i still dont get it how your clouds are SO good looking.
stunts were mostly awesome just a few mehish ones, quite cool tho but hey its a best of :sherlock:

Really sick Best of Felixmann! :3
even better than your first one

danke fürs danke unsoe
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 02:25:19 PM by Kacknase »

Offline FELIX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 02:59:56 PM »
now that was awesome  :euro:

what a great atmosphere. sick song and great editing. the effects were awesome looking and fitting to the song as always i guess, some parts seemed a BIT dull but overall it was really great, one of my fav editings of ya :3. Intro was mindblowing lol, really great scripting.
I also loved the Outro, i still dont get it how your clouds are SO good looking.
stunts were mostly awesome just a few mehish ones, quite cool tho but hey its a best of :sherlock:

Really sick Best of Felixmann! :3
even better than your first one

danke fürs danke unsoe

Outro wasn't done with San Andreas ingame clouds... I was looking for a loop cloud sampler and found one together with with the intro cloudwalker stuff which fitted perfectly to the SA ingame look. Also the outro clouds fit to the intro Sky. Everything has a reason and is ment to be like it is! Thanks for the comments!

Offline Felly_eS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 03:16:12 PM »
Great video, i love your editing. Some nice cam. angles. The stunts were really cool, nothing extra, but cool. I like your style lol. BTW, awesome video-appearance. Loved it ! :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal