Author Topic: Monolith  (Read 40485 times)

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Monolith
« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2010, 02:08:44 PM »
Forewords: Where do I begin... I guess I should say thanks for being asked to edit it and apologize for turning it down as I passed up a chance most people here wouldn't dare to fantasize about.
If a chance like this should present itself once more I know now to take better care off it.
You were a great source off inspiration when I started and you still are, not just a source but the biggest by far more than anything that I can use for as a proper comparison.

Intro: The intro is a good symbol for the status and respect you have earned amongst the people that inhabit this forum, I don't know if that's the thought behind it but I find it quite suiting.

Editing: I kinda expected there to be more effects synchronized with that song as it kinda "asks" for it in a way but as I watched it several times I noticed things I hadn't noticed the previous times and this discovery kinda filled the gap or was at least a good compensation in my book whether it was on purpose or not.

Stunts: I'd like to compare this to Unorthodox stunt wise before commenting as I think it reflects something that's not just limited to your videos but rather the "era" of stunting we're in.
Unorthodox did something for stunting this did not as Unorthodox showed us the potential CSM's, MAG's and ledgegrinds have and took the use of them to the next level, I did not find the same inventing use of some fairly new methods in this.
That being said though there's no denying the stunts in this are great with the exception of a few like dropbump-wallride-to-roof thing in downtown Vice City.
A lot of people have tried to PSM to the Hyman Condo but no one had thought off using the PSM setup you did though it seems so obvious when I watch the video now and your ability to see something other people don't is quite fascinating and makes your videos special.
In danger off going on and on I'll mention my favorites which were:
- The opener which is just a incredibly brutal stunt thanks to the vertical nature off it along with the huge rotation
- The tunnel stoppie-grind which is just fantastic as there's not a stunt like it and it might be the longest grind ever
- Also the ramp2bump2 to the library a spot that I had in mind but had not tried as I was too busy with other spots which I regret now
- The air2bump2bonk2roof in the mansion island in Vice City which is another spot I had in mind but also never got around to try, the bonk on the roof to the higher part is brilliant though I doubt it was planned it makes the stunt so much more impressive, really a great stunt
- The bump2ledgegrind on the first island in Vice City, just a great spot really well executed
- The LC wallBSM, perfect vertical bump and a fantastic stunt as it's the best off it's kind
- The shoreside ramp2doublegrind, awesome use of the natural terrain on that one which I'm a sucker for
- That PSM to the top of the billboard near the stadium in Vice City, the most big-air precision ever landed, perfect in every way
- The infernus precision, a lot of people have tried that only to fail miserably including me... well done.
The back wheel bump to the rail on the dam in Shoreside, first time that's been grinded and from a natural bump... *bowdown*
- The finisher, I had no idea that small "window" part of that site could be landed until I saw it in the video, fantastic stunt.

I guess was a bit too many to be called a favorite list but it's quite hard to only pick a handful.

Music: A lot of the music you or those who edits your videos is quite on the ears to begin with, it's the kinda music I have to listen to for a while before I can enjoy it properly and when I start to, I really like it.
Also well picked atmosphere audio for the intro and the outro, suited the video.

Summary: Well you've done it again and I congratulate and salute you, this is probably the best video of the year and if it wins, it's well earned.

Offline DJ Marchello

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2010, 03:40:35 PM »
i just realised today how a special way you landed that condo psm
its very difficult to set it up, i could only bump 110-120 ft with my bad setup, so in the lack of that missing 70 ft i never tried it again and i marked that as an impossible one
its fantastic how creative were you by bumping on that chair thing, and you got a lucky precision too... maybe best stunt in this year for the idea and execution too

Offline Brad

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http:///
« Reply #167 on: August 06, 2010, 05:09:51 PM »
Probably the best stunt video in the whole galaxy.
Barney is Justin Bieber in the stunter's world. WE ALL LOVE YOU
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 05:26:25 PM by Brad »

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2010, 07:38:44 PM »
wut? no one loves Bieber.

Offline gummy

• Veteran Member
  • happy go lucky
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2010, 09:52:27 PM »
by bumping on that chair thing
Fun to find that.

Offline The Big V

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 07, 2010, 01:46:32 AM »

I love him every night  :ninja:

Offline Madmax

• Veteran Member
  • Pizzaboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 07, 2010, 03:22:13 AM »
That was a solid video. Although the music was not something I would personally choose for a stunting video, you liked it, the editing for it was quite good as well.

The stunts were solid and pretty much all big. The standout stunt for me is the second one, the double grind. It's a lot more technical and in my department of stunting and I know that must have been a downright bitch to land.

Lots of respect for still stunting and being able to release a video which is comprised of pretty much only huge stunts.

Offline insLain

• Veteran Member
  • I ain't even mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 07, 2010, 04:05:45 AM »

I love him every night  :ninja:

V, the fuck?!  :blink:
:O MadMax :O

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2010, 05:43:15 AM »
I like how Barney gets all the vets back to make a post on his vid.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2010, 06:16:35 AM »
Oh so that's how :hmm:

hope there's coming more

Offline TurBo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 07, 2010, 02:48:34 PM »
Had no chance to reply on this since i lost my password but here it is:
Smashing video and obviously the best ever stunting solo by anyone, that confirms even more you being my favorite stunter, the vid had it all: from high-hard and really great packer bumps to the awesome grinds[tunnel one in particular] the immense tank bump aswell as the car stunt, taxi stunts, natural double bumping and the really unbelievable PSM's to precision landings , very nice variety along with superb stunting.
It didn't have the "limit breaking" factor as much as Unorthodox had indeed, and the song wasn't really to my taste but after all, its still the best VC video I've ever seen.

Offline godson

• Veteran Member
  • zodiac shit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 07, 2010, 04:27:09 PM »

well.. not all of them :(

Offline Madmax

• Veteran Member
  • Pizzaboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 07, 2010, 04:52:04 PM »
:O MadMax :O

Thats my name :P

I was just passing by and I wanted to see what was going on in stunting. I figured the ZS section was a good place to start and rightfully so ;)

Offline Brad

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http:///
« Reply #178 on: August 07, 2010, 06:00:40 PM »
I posted yesterday but this is fucking the best stunt video ever!  :wub: :wub: :wub:

Offline Barney

• Veteran Member
  • Adebisi's Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 07, 2010, 06:12:35 PM »

Not sure if you were implying that I had been asking vets to comment on the video or not. To clarify, I haven't.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal