Author Topic: TaxXx - Airplay  (Read 34101 times)

Offline LiveLife

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
TaxXx - Airplay
« Reply #165 on: August 25, 2008, 12:11:27 PM »
Quote from: Daffy
CD:
Not necessarily, a high-end computer is a bonus but take Ralleee for example... he's able to do some wicked-sick stunts in San Andreas and he barely gets 25fps.
You're making it sound very black and white but there's a lot of grey-zones too.

That's one point why I prefer FL ON. They aren't any grey zones, for everybody it's the same, the same circumstances. I don't say that FL OFF stunts aren't hard to perform, but I don't like the fact that they are based on the performance of the pc and that nobody can really point out anylonger if a stunt is modded or FL OFF. The stunts of this video could be modded - or not. We don't know it. We can't proof that they're are, or that they're not. With technical or FL ON stunts this can't happen, there are the borders everytime clear. This does not count for huge air FL OFF stunts. Because of all this reasons I can't enjoy this kind of videos, I'll prefer definitly the good old days in SA, where the highest of all goals was the ls airport spot, and not landing the highest skyscraper of ls or the mount chilliad unmodded.

And with FL OFF this will come ... if it will be believed or not. Earlier .. or later.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 12:13:49 PM by ColdDeath »

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
TaxXx - Airplay
« Reply #166 on: August 25, 2008, 12:11:39 PM »
Fugitive I hate you!

Offline Fugitive

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fugitivesplace.3x.ro
TaxXx - Airplay
« Reply #167 on: August 25, 2008, 12:18:19 PM »
oh why?

Offline Ralleee

• The Ralmeister
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
TaxXx - Airplay
« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2008, 12:21:30 PM »
CD:
Not necessarily, a high-end computer is a bonus but take Ralleee for example... he's able to do some wicked-sick stunts in San Andreas and he barely gets 25fps.
You're making it sound very black and white but there's a lot of grey-zones too.
You know I use FL off, right? And it's not really that low, maybe 35-40 fps.  Still, really bad

Offline boxXx

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
TaxXx - Airplay
« Reply #169 on: August 25, 2008, 12:40:12 PM »
Quote from: ColdDeath
CD:

That's one point why I prefer FL ON. They aren't any grey zones, for everybody it's the same, the same circumstances. I don't say that FL OFF stunts aren't hard to perform, but I don't like the fact that they are based on the performance of the pc and that nobody can really point out anylonger if a stunt is modded or FL OFF. The stunts of this video could be modded - or not. We don't know it. We can't proof that they're are, or that they're not. With technical or FL ON stunts this can't happen, there are the borders everytime clear. This does not count for huge air FL OFF stunts. Because of all this reasons I can't enjoy this kind of videos, I'll prefer definitly the good old days in SA, where the highest of all goals was the ls airport spot, and not landing the highest skyscraper of ls or the mount chilliad unmodded.

And with FL OFF this will come ... if it will be believed or not. Earlier .. or later.

i actually gotta agree with CD here, altho i dont really like FL on its laggy compared to 60 fps , ima try a video someday with only FL on

Offline DriZzly

• Veteran Member
  • Tak-47
    • View Profile
TaxXx - Airplay
« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2008, 12:44:06 PM »
Quote from: Mythic
Speak directly and say where you think they modded and maybe provide some proofs of it instead of nothing but your words.
pls stop your proof bullshit
there is NO proof
if they dont admit shit it cant be proofed that they modded unltil some1 proofs me wrong
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 12:45:39 PM by DriZzly »

Offline Souzuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
TaxXx - Airplay
« Reply #171 on: August 25, 2008, 12:54:55 PM »
and this modding fight starts again ...

Do you guys know Fun ?

Still a cool video. Taz's Bullet wallride was god like
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 12:55:35 PM by Souzuk »

Offline Asaaj

• Spaalonebabuguuscooties
    • View Profile
TaxXx - Airplay
« Reply #172 on: August 25, 2008, 01:07:17 PM »
^ my spot

and i showed it to ya Souzuk :>

Offline Brainkiller

• Narkissos
  • Veteran Member
  • Twisted Metal Stunters
    • View Profile
TaxXx - Airplay
« Reply #173 on: August 25, 2008, 01:07:52 PM »
Quote from: Mythic
Quote from: Sweet
Forgot to mention: I liked the grinds, but this was a really funny video. REALLY FUNNY.
Speak directly and say where you think they modded and maybe provide some proofs of it instead of nothing but your words.
I just deleted a large post of mine because I don't want to go into this.

I'm just gunna leave it at this: SA stunting is a joke.

Offline Dan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
TaxXx - Airplay
« Reply #174 on: August 25, 2008, 01:08:51 PM »
CD:

No it really won't because FL off does not affect gravity. The way you speak about it makes it seem like theres no limit when really there is and I honestly think its been reached.. There are a few prime examples for this, Juan went from a lower FPS to a much Higher FPS and has barley noticed any difference, only a change in smoothness in the game. I know MeetMyMeat went from 120 down to about 60 and he has told me theres no difference for him. The reason we are seeing these stunts landed is because people see FL off as a safeguard. They feel they can mod and when accused just play the frame limiter card. When I land big air stunts it normally takes me alot more time then it would to land a creative combo, and to see comments like "Its the PC" and not you is very degrading. I know alot of todays biggest stunts are possible FL on, Watch this opener, clowns pocket P2b and many more. Genyus managed to land the ls channel gap with about 50fps where as I have been trying with over double with no sucsess and I am sure many others have to. If that doesnt prove that FL on/off doesnt make as much as a difference as everyone rants on about I dont know what does.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 01:43:25 PM by Dan »

Offline Brainkiller

• Narkissos
  • Veteran Member
  • Twisted Metal Stunters
    • View Profile
TaxXx - Airplay
« Reply #175 on: August 25, 2008, 01:12:09 PM »
Quote from: Dan
CD:

No it really won't because FL off does not affect gravity. The way you speak about it makes it seem like theres no limit when really there is and I honestly think hes been reached.. There are a few prime examples for this, Juan went from a lower FPS to a much Higher FPS and has barley noticed any difference, only a change in smoothness in the game. I know MeetMyMeat went from 120 down to about 60 and he has told me theres no difference for him. The reason we are seeing these stunts landed is because people see FL off as a safeguard. They feel they can mod and when accused just play the frame limiter card. When I land big air stunts it normally takes me alot more time then it would to land a creative combo, and to see comments like "Its the PC" and not you is very degrading. I know alot of todays biggest stunts are possible FL on, Watch this opener, clowns pocket P2b and many more. Genyus managed to land the ls channel gap with about 50fps where as I have been trying with over double with no sucsess and I am sure many others have to. If that doesnt prove that FL on/off doesnt make as much as a difference as everyone rants on about I dont know what does.
It does affect gravity.

and even if it didn't doesn't change the fact todays stunts look more than blatantly modded.

Further on that note, if it didn't make a difference then I'm sure Boxxx and everyone wouldn't have a problem with turning on vsync, since they'd get exactly 60fps and their replays wouldn't look modded.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 01:13:33 PM by Brainkiller »

Offline boxXx

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
TaxXx - Airplay
« Reply #176 on: August 25, 2008, 01:19:55 PM »
its not about the gravity, but the speed you build up with the rads, radding with fl on mkes you shake and makes you pop out, getting 75 fps average makes you never pop out and doesn't make you shake, which means you build ujp a hsit load of speed and it looks like you either modded it or had to much fps. at also makes you bump better since its easyer to aim your bump with a smooth running game.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 01:21:31 PM by boxXx »

Offline Dan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
TaxXx - Airplay
« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2008, 01:20:36 PM »
I wouldnt mind tbh, because I am sure it doesnt make as big of a difference as everyone likes to think. But you wont get everyone to do it as people like stunting how they want. If it just affects the speed due to Rad's then there is a limit and it looks like we have reached it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 01:21:36 PM by Dan »

Offline boxXx

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
TaxXx - Airplay
« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2008, 01:22:40 PM »
i know, and i dont want to change that, but i'm just telling.

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
TaxXx - Airplay
« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2008, 01:30:10 PM »
Quote from: Anoobis
^ my spot

and i showed it to ya Souzuk :>
^ my spot

and i showed it to ya Anoobis :>

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal