Author Topic: All(Beast) - Annihilation  (Read 30004 times)

Offline Hoff

• Breeder for life
  • Veteran Member
  • xouzb qhm jxuco
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/aante
All(Beast) - Annihilation
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2008, 08:47:51 AM »
Really, really good video! Stuntingwise it was pure awesomeness, some standouts for me were the wallride to grind and THAT CABBIE PRECISION! Whoa at the latter one, most likely the best taxi stunt I have ever seen.

Really good job All, you should be very proud of this video. I just hope you hadn't hyped it as much, you need to turn down your ego a bit.

Offline Brulla

• Veteran Member
  • Chris
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2008, 08:51:09 AM »
Well...the "solo of the year" is here.

Some pretty impressive stuff in there, such as the wallride to grind and the Prawn grind.

But I gotta say that I think you screwed yourself when you hyped this video before. Calling this the solo of the year is a bit too much. I also think you screwed yourself when you kept using that totally modified player model, totally modified PCJ skin and those fugly sparks and the exhaust fumes. It reminds me of those terrible modding videos where we see new people modify everything, and it gives me the image that the stunts are modded too, and even when I know that's not the case, I can't shake the feeling off.

About the editing...I wasn't very fond of the music and the editing, it was very depressive for me to watch. Some of those effects also disturbed be while watching the stunts, like with the effect with the Prawn grind.

Overall, a pretty impressive video, but surely not nearly as spectacular as Unorthodox (which you compared the video), nor I see it as the "solo of the year". You shouldn't of hyped the video, the high expectations smashed it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 08:52:17 AM by Brulla »

Offline Nyqual

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2008, 09:15:08 AM »
Name from CS 1.6 frag movie. Watching

Edit. pretty good stunts but most of modded bikes has got changed handling.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 09:21:31 AM by Nyqual »

Offline boxXx

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2008, 09:27:49 AM »
i really expected more then this, honestly this still doesn't beat unorthodox, which i expected since everyone kept saying it.
The video was pretty good some decent stuff in it, alto the finisher was kinda lame, Cdarmy is trying the top for several months now and he landed that roof you did about 12 times if i remember good.

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2008, 09:41:38 AM »
I agree more or less with Tackleberry, but I don't agree on this "just big air to roof" stuff. There are many of the roofs landed here who he told me and showed me he had slipped off several times. And when he's going in 180mph you can't expect him to land a palm. I agree on the bike skin and player model and sparks and stuff though, which I already told you about.. I had already seen 80% of the stunts in this video, so no big shockers for me here, and the stunts you didn't show me you told me what were, the wallie to grind will most likely be one of the favorites for me at the end of this year.

Good video I'll give ya a 8.5/10

@Nyqual or anyone else saying the same kinda thing; he did his stunts with the default pcj600 and tommy and claude skin. THEFTman just recorded with the weird skins
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 09:43:24 AM by RedX »

Offline fedex

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2008, 09:49:37 AM »
downloading and watching editing.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 09:50:37 AM by fedex »

Offline SnowMan

• Veteran Member
  • Life is what you make it
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2008, 10:09:20 AM »
some stunts were fucking awesome.
i hated to music
editing was okey couldnt enjoy it becouse of the song
Intro was awsome

Offline Flat Face

• With power comes lulz
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2008, 10:10:08 AM »
watched the ff streaming, you landed a few of my spots so GJ but lamed all but 1 of em the taxi precision.. i liked the wally to grind, the prawn island grind (one of my spots) you landed and rolled onto which sucked so im not happy about that but.. meh i don't care too much about stunting anymore, you've gotten much better

Offline Caio

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2008, 10:10:26 AM »
Waiting for LQ or tube

Offline Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2008, 10:29:33 AM »
intro was fucking awesome, stunts were awesome, editing was pretty good.

Great video! And although i can't do half (height- and distance-wise) of what you just did, it's not as good as other comparable videos like e.g. Unorthodox.

Still very good though.

Offline fedex

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2008, 10:33:37 AM »
stunts were awesome, editing was good.
music pwnzor.
overall 7/10.

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2008, 10:39:34 AM »
Only liked a few stunts lol

7/10

Offline Tidis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2008, 11:02:06 AM »
Quote from: Tackleberry
My expectations were a bit too big, after all. You had some sick stunts, like the wallride to grind, but I didn't like most of the stunts. I was expecting much more advanced combos and precisions, rather than just p2b's and other high airs (which don't feel very special to me). Personally I prefer stunts with several elements.

Another reason why I don't like this video a lot may be the style of it - the theme, models, sparks etc. are not appealing at all in my opinion.

Sorry if I'm a bit tough, but that's only cause I've heard so many rumours about this video in advance. You did do a great job, I just expected more.

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2008, 11:21:06 AM »
Intro:
Great into, i loved the transition to the main part.

Stunts:
+ The freeway drop2bump2ledgegrind was excellent, the cabbie precision was awesome to see landed... i think i have burnt 2 weeks on that spot without success so well done, the wallride2grind was also good to see done and the natural ramp-stunt to the rocks in LC was pure art.

- You lamed the finisher
- There was 2-3 old stunts (4th stunt was done by Aenima, the airport precision landing)
- Stunts where the spot was old... just a better execution (the opener, the one after that and then the next one again, the BSM at the docks, the LC pole-p2b, the downtown p2b.

Music:
The main song is old, excellent song though... pretty good outro song.

Editing:
Pretty good, the colors were a little too dull for my taste but i guess that's a matter of opinion to a certain degree, good syncing as always.

Overall:
There were like 3-4 stunts i really enjoyed, the rest was just alright... i might be harsh but you shouldn't have hyped it so bad i guess.
7/10

Offline THEFTman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2008, 11:25:11 AM »
Thanks for comments.

This is his last solo btw. Now you won't see him bitching again

EDIT: Brulla, UnorthodoX was release last year, so yes, this is probably the best solo to date. And the stunts are really harder than you can imagine
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 11:26:44 AM by THEFTman »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal