Author Topic: - DCLXVI -  (Read 45850 times)

Offline sony

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
- DCLXVI -
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2008, 12:23:42 PM »
Quote from: BloodyHook12
I thought this video would contain more creativity too. I forgot that stunting these days is still a fight to reach more heights. =\

There were a few stunts that did stand out though. Like Arky's bumps to grind, Barney's ledge grind, wozzie's double bump to the hospital ledge, and Barney's bsm precision stunt. Crazy's tank bump was radded unnecesarily. That's pretty sad how I nearly roofed that almost 2 years ago, and then someone does it with like 50 ft to spare. Sorry it's just not that amazing anymore.

Editing was okay. Its main problem was the music, which was pretty dull. Overall, it reminds me of Daffy's editing. Which isn't a bad thing, but I'd rather watch something more unique than that. Like I said, you couldn't do much with the song though. So good job with what you did with it.

Good to see ZS videos again. Although I'd wish more creativity went into your work. Rather than 200 ft bus bumps that everyone's been trying.

Man, don't say this, the fight to reach higher roofs, is only against WH and zhe ZS guys. Yes there are some more ppl, but there are so many who goes for creativity (like you).
Oh I also like huge stunts, but only maximum 5 in a video, not every second stunt =/
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 01:05:55 PM by sony »

Offline Raskal

• Furniture Cadet
  • Veteran Member
  • I like stuff
    • View Profile
- DCLXVI -
« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2008, 03:07:04 PM »
I gotta say I agree with BH on this,

Big stunts are nice and all and there was definitely shockers in this but all of it eventually lead to a less built up ending stunt.

Offline Crazy

• Veteran Member
  • boc
    • View Profile
- DCLXVI -
« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2008, 03:32:11 PM »
First of all, I wanted to thank everyone who commented on this video. I read through it all. Hope to see more comments.

Second of all, what's up with some of you bitching about the creative stunts over and over again? You keep repeating yourselves which makes it look like you'd think we're stupid or something..We do stunts that we enjoy doing, is that such a big deal? I mean, sure, it could've used a bit more creativity, but still, we like the stunts that we sent in.
(There are crews here that are 'too creative' imo, but that's another thing)

Anyway, I do respect all of the constructive critic posts that have been posted here up until this post, but again, repeating and bitching about the creative stunts isn't helping much. And it's pretty much about tastes too. This was not meant to be an offensive post if some of you thought it was.
You can keep saying stuff about the creativity and stuff, but the video is already out and we knew it wasn't too creative, but we like it how it is..at least I do.

Who knows, maybe the next ZS video will have more creative stunts, maybe not..

I still would like to thank every single person who commented here, the one's who talked about the creativity, too.

Oh and one more thing, I don't want to turn this into an argument, but I won't force you not to turn it into one. I was just saying how I felt.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 03:49:30 PM by Crazy »

Offline Brainkiller

• Narkissos
  • Veteran Member
  • Twisted Metal Stunters
    • View Profile
- DCLXVI -
« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2008, 03:52:43 PM »
Didn't get the ZS feel that makes ZS... ZS.

Only one stunt in the video wasn't a bump/tankbump/csm/psm

Every stunt in the vid was on a PCJ.

Editing was awesome but you really have to concentrate on the editing to appareciate it, that's because the song aint so appealing (for me anyway)

Yea it's about pushing the limits and shit and yea the stunts are hard but all it is is  "wow he's god, he landed a roof 20ft higher than the last guy"  which is hard to appreciate

and no offence guys but when I think of ZS and what it means I don't exactly think of Arky, Crazy, morbidxxx or wozzie.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 03:55:07 PM by Brainkiller »

Offline ofthemountain

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
- DCLXVI -
« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2008, 04:19:37 PM »
@Crazy: I did try to make it clear that my comment was down to personal taste in my original post. I'm sure you would rather have my honest feelings on a video rather than something false, I think that's much more valuable. If you liked the video that's all you should care about, people who don't like it are just voicing their opinion which doesn't have to be that important to you. The main thing is that you and the other ZS guys enjoyed it.

Offline Rod

• View Profile
- DCLXVI -
« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2008, 04:46:41 PM »
lol BK 99% of the stunts in "BK" had a packer included

Offline Barney

• Veteran Member
  • Adebisi's Hat
    • View Profile
- DCLXVI -
« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2008, 05:14:26 PM »
I had a few more grinds and a polebump that weren't used

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
- DCLXVI -
« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2008, 05:34:25 PM »
Vid was amazing. My favourite stunt was arkys fire hydrant double bump 2 grind, brilliant use of terrain there!

Offline Kasha666

• View Profile
- DCLXVI -
« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2008, 10:23:53 PM »
10/10 !!! Awesome stunts) OMG Wozzie

Offline M!kE333

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://apcistuntteam.hu
- DCLXVI -
« Reply #159 on: April 11, 2008, 12:04:27 AM »
Congratz on the last stunt! 10/10

Offline Torque

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
- DCLXVI -
« Reply #160 on: April 11, 2008, 12:10:23 AM »
Whats the deal with the name.

The last stunt was pretty damn impressive.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 12:24:26 AM by Torque »

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
- DCLXVI -
« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2008, 12:23:40 AM »
It's 666 in roman numerals; highly imaginative <_<

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
- DCLXVI -
« Reply #162 on: April 11, 2008, 05:38:41 AM »
If ZS were really trying to mimic the number of the beast, they got it wrong. Apparently it's 616 now  bet they feel stupid.

Offline sony

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
- DCLXVI -
« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2008, 05:48:53 AM »
Quote from: Kingjad
If ZS were really trying to mimic the number of the beast, they got it wrong. Apparently it's 616 now  bet they feel stupid.

WTF?  

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
- DCLXVI -
« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2008, 05:53:54 AM »
I think you might be wrong Kingjad.. I believe

D = 500
C = 100
L  = 50
X = 10
VI= 6

DCLXVI = 666

I'm not sure though
I'll check wikipedia  

Edit: Yeah it's correct.

DCLXVI    666    Using every symbol but M in order gives the beast number.

^ From Wiki ^
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 05:57:58 AM by RedX »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal