Author Topic: [CF] Cataclysm  (Read 15267 times)

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
[CF] Cataclysm
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2007, 01:50:17 PM »
Hmm I dont know what to think about this video really, I like it but something is dragging it down.

Intro: Very basic intro, I think more time should have been put into making it, like the place name on the last person, and the idea was very....common and basic. It didn't really make me want to watch the rest of the video. That said it didn't make me want to kill myself either, it simply introduced the stunters, so next time I say try and do something a bit more original  

Main-stunts: The stunts in this video were top notch. I loved sweet's plane useage, and I loved the creative stunts. There were a couple of oldies, no big deal though. However I did notice one thing, I havent looked too hard into it but Sweet's BSM to the hyman condo (or that big thing near the stadium, he bsm'ed to the lower part) didn't need RAD's yet he used it, and another stunt by storm lexer did the same, this is something that I really don't enjoy seeing, so next time can't you at least try with RAD's till you get it, then have a go at without RAD's, ya know like doing it with a slower vehicle just to make the spot more special.

Either way the stunts rocked, no question

Main-editing: This is something I really didn't enjoy. I liked the concept of not taking it too seriously, with the LOL HI and the weird colors on one stunt, but it didn't really work well in my opinion, it just came across as silly to me, which I dont look for in a stunt video. (My opinion, I know) The editing wasn't too bad, although sometimes the camera angles weren't too nice or the effects took away from the stunt. I say you should try and show the whole stunt from beginning to end at least once, without something distracting you.

Outro: I don't even think I watched it  Sorry.

Overall: Well done guys, and enjoyable video. Just try to work on taking more care with video editing and overall serious-ness of the video, especially with killer stunts like those

***The views and opinions in this review are my own opinion, my suggestions are simply suggestions, and nobody should be offended by what I say***

Offline Cody

• Veteran Member
  • (stormlexer)
    • View Profile
[CF] Cataclysm
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2007, 01:54:02 PM »
Quote from: Aries
Intro: Very basic intro, I think more time should have been put into making it, like the place name on the last person, and the idea was very....common and basic. It didn't really make me want to watch the rest of the video. That said it didn't make me want to kill myself either, it simply introduced the stunters, so next time I say try and do something a bit more original
Lol, with what? Normaly intro's are scripted now days.. And none of us knows how to script.

Offline Rocka

• View Profile
    • http://
[CF] Cataclysm
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2007, 02:00:24 PM »
Quote from: storm_lexer
Lol, with what? Normaly intro's are scripted now days.. And none of us knows how to script.
Well, there was that one idea of mine... The "sillyness" as he puts it, would be in it though. If you're going to have a serious video, I think it's nice to include some comedy of some sort in it. Totally serious videos I find just stupid. Stunting isn't meant to be serious, it's meant to be fun. I think videos need to show that some more.

Offline Cody

• Veteran Member
  • (stormlexer)
    • View Profile
[CF] Cataclysm
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2007, 02:09:40 PM »
Quote from: Rocka
Well, there was that one idea of mine... The "sillyness" as he puts it, would be in it though. If you're going to have a serious video, I think it's nice to include some comedy of some sort in it. Totally serious videos I find just stupid. Stunting isn't meant to be serious, it's meant to be fun. I think videos need to show that some more.
Yeah, but you don't know how to work anything but camhack.

Offline Rocka

• View Profile
[CF] Cataclysm
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2007, 02:30:54 PM »
Quote from: Rocka
Yeah, but you don't know how to work anything but camhack.
Yeah, exactly lol. Well, I could've made it work in camhack, but I don't have that much patience... nor will it look as good as I had hoped.

Offline Energise

• View Profile
    • http://www.GTA-four.net
[CF] Cataclysm
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2007, 02:51:30 PM »
Well i loved the stunts but the editing let it down. I liked the way it seemed like you were having fun stunting ( not like other videos ), i know alot of people hated this but this made it special .

It rocked guy but edit it differently, please....

Offline plumpegg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[CF] Cataclysm
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2007, 02:58:25 PM »
nice vid guys  

8/10  

Offline Cody

• Veteran Member
  • (stormlexer)
    • View Profile
[CF] Cataclysm
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2007, 03:02:11 PM »
Quote from: Energise
i know alot of people hated this but this made it special .
Have you read the comments?

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
[CF] Cataclysm
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2007, 03:36:13 PM »
Well i loved the stunts but the editing let it down. I liked the way it seemed like you were having fun stunting ( not like other videos ), i know alot of people hated this but this made it special .

I have never, will never make my vids serious, so don't press your luck    I like how it's edited and most (if not all, not sure) of CF does, and that's really all that matters.

aries: yeah, but I tried that for an hour without RADs, it's a really finicky BSM that's hard to get that angle, and even harder to land. I respect your opinion, but if your ever looking for a serious video, go watch something of TB's, or yours, or someone elses. serious videos aren't my thing.

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
[CF] Cataclysm
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2007, 03:39:50 PM »
Quote from: Sweet

I have never, will never make my vids serious, so don't press your luck    I like how it's edited and most (if not all, not sure) of CF does, and that's really all that matters.

aries: yeah, but I tried that for an hour without RADs, it's a really finicky BSM that's hard to get that angle, and even harder to land. I respect your opinion, but if your ever looking for a serious video, go watch something of TB's, or yours, or someone else's. serious videos aren't my thing.

Hmm I may not have worded myself;f right, i do urge you to enjoy the video and the process of making it just THIS style of video didn't work in my opinion, but yeah i respect that you all like it and that is a;; that matters.

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
[CF] Cataclysm
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2007, 03:52:18 PM »
I get ya, aries  we all have our own opinions.

and for hte record, I didn't even get a good RAD off it, I just tried RADding

and for the record storm...

CF = Sweet's bitch.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 03:54:23 PM by Sweet »

Offline brandon6199

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
[CF] Cataclysm
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2007, 04:26:07 PM »
dling

EDIT: Well if I said my honest opinion, id get flamed and i dont have time for that.

good vid guys

ALL HAIL SPOOF
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 04:41:13 PM by brandon6199 »

Offline Rocka

• View Profile
[CF] Cataclysm
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2007, 05:02:03 PM »
You would get flamed just for putting that. Way to think it through.

Offline Caio

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[CF] Cataclysm
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2007, 05:12:28 PM »
Great vid guys, keep the good work

Offline Question

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wrongurl.com
[CF] Cataclysm
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2007, 05:48:23 PM »
SICKNASTY!!

4*5

I really liked this video. Weird music though  it was cool, I saw some really great stunts that highlighted the video for me;

1:53 - StormLexer
3:17 - Master yayo (omfg I've been trying that, sick job on it )
7:19 - Sweet
7:30 - Master Yayo

..The other stunts were nice too, but I REALLY, really liked these ones  Good job everybody!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 06:35:47 PM by -Question- »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal