Author Topic: UnorthodoX  (Read 63215 times)

Offline boxXx

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
UnorthodoX
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2007, 09:28:02 AM »
Dude this is the best solo ever !!!! i love it man  

those stunts rocked some awesome precission landing amazing pb's and the double grinds were the shit man this was sick  

10/10 you definatly deserve this man GJ serious !!!!!

Offline Master_Yayo

• View Profile
    • http://
UnorthodoX
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2007, 09:30:48 AM »
11/10 Best solo ever made, one of the best videos in stunting history. A real throwback song too if you're a fan of XSA. Completely mindblowing out of this world job! I'm lucky I went to the bathroom before watching this no joke.

Offline marklund

• View Profile
    • http://
UnorthodoX
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2007, 09:49:16 AM »
What's the name of the font you used for the title?

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
UnorthodoX
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2007, 10:16:58 AM »

Offline NuclearDeath

• TMS Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
UnorthodoX
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2007, 10:27:43 AM »
How much time pass you on it ?

Offline Wozzie

• Veteran Member
  • terran
    • View Profile
UnorthodoX
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2007, 10:45:15 AM »
OMFG!!! W00T! Very good vid!!!!! 10/10

Offline Ferσή

• Wasteland Heroes
  • suck a cheetahs dick
    • View Profile
UnorthodoX
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2007, 11:47:17 AM »
This is my second full review, so feel special...

Barney stunted like 2 months or somthing for this video, for part of that time I was talking with him on skype or some shit, So I knew alot of what the video was so it wasent a huge suprise to me. And when he landed a stunt he was just like "oh I landed it" and hes landing like fucking 166 ft p2bs and shit wtf...  but what ever. Usually when I land a stunt im like OMFFMGBDN but hes all cool about it, tis weird. He put alot of effort into this video. The 2nd stunt in the video he spent 11 fucking hours straight on until he landed it, thats dedication. This video is a great example of what Barney has to bring to ZS and what ZS might represent. Ok lets get started:

Intro - Nothing much, but its a great build up.
14-22: Wow, fucking ramp2fueltank, I always wanted to land those, and you have found the simplest way that no one would have thought of.
22-39: 11 hours, and damn worth it. The angle of this stunt had to be a bitch its verticle and over to the right, I mean ive dreamed of landing this, but damn id never try somthing like that until now.
40-46: I have thought of trying to grind this, but from a packer. Yet agian you find a much simplier and better looking way to do it. God damn.
47-55: When you told me you landed this, I thought it was old but I guess its not. It was pretty good, and nice touch with the sandking.
56-1:03: Lol, nice filler Barney. That was a sweet fucking mid-airgrab. The first ever in a video, and prlly going to be the best one for awhile.
1:04-1:11: I remember you landing this with a PCJ, then you said you were gonna do it with a freeway, I thought you were kidding. Fuck you.
1:12-1:20: Lol nub, you look so cute on that thing.
1:21-1:36: Wow, thats gotta be the best CSM ever. Great creativity on that one.
1:36-1:42: Apparently this was easy for you. Legendary freeway stunt.
1:43-1:53: Awesome fire grind. Most people dont understand that its a bit harder to do and get the bike on fire like that. Its also the best way Ive seen those rails landed.
1:53-2:10: Nice airport landing, I dunno why you used rads for that tho.
2:10-2:25: My favorite stunt in this video. I have wonderd if that rail was grindable, great way of finding out dude.
2:26-2:38: Pfft wheelie to grind.. wtf? Oh wait god damn that was awesome! Everyone has wanted to double grind here, and I think someone has, but yet agian you find the simpliest way and it looks so damn cool.
2:39-3:00: Wow, you landed this like 4 times because you wanted to get on the roof smoothly. Great taxi stunt.
3:00-3:16: This was the first stunt I seen from you for this video, it blew my mind and I have been awaiting for the release this whole time. I thought it was amazing when Neo and NoApo landed this in a taxi/cabbie. But fuck man you got it with a pcj, with a new method as well.
3:17-3:33: Great ledge grind man, you have really got those down. Yet agian, ive wanted to grind this, but I was trying a much more complex way that wouldent have looked as good.
3:33-3:44: Old spot. New vehicle, still a cool stunt none the less. Great place to put the stunt btw, its a calm down before the next spot.
3:44-3:53: That was a nice double grind, great build up for the grand finale.
3:54-end: You had a nice build up with the run up, I hate when people give away the stunt they are gonna do the instant the video transitions to the stunt. It was a Great way to finish the video. Very creative. Not many incline psms are around so that spot had to be hard to find. I still think the iron bridge stunt would have been a better finisher tho imo.

Editing: Great editing, this is my favorite style of editing. Nice and suddle, and synched to the song perfectly. To bad the clips got fucked when you were recording and you would have to re film to make a HQ. But thats not important since your to old school for that shit, and brandon would like it to much. The way you placed the stunts in the video was good too. You had a awesome build up and I kept thinking it was gonna end but then bam, epic stunt.

Music: I dident expect you to use somthing from Staind. But it was your style and you edited to it well.

Overall: I really wish I wouldent have known about this video, because suprises are always better. Its amazing how you can leave stunting for months, then come back ahead of everyone, and with the best solo since Post Mortem. The video was 4 minutes of great stunts, which is really hard to do by your self these days with the demands of stunting. Best of all, you did it in under 2 months, which is amazing.

//kthxbai

Offline brandon6199

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
UnorthodoX
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2007, 12:20:55 PM »
^x2 man, I wish i didnt see some of those stunts before it was in the vid.

Dont worry, full review comin soon

Offline Crazy

• Veteran Member
  • boc
    • View Profile
UnorthodoX
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2007, 12:40:59 PM »
Quote from: Denny
EDIT: i need 'Barney fan' userbar
x2.

i can't stop watching the vid. , pure p00nage  

Offline SoRu

• View Profile
    • http://www.naciongta.com
UnorthodoX
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2007, 12:59:40 PM »
Barney you are the best ¡¡¡¡

11/10  

Offline sony

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
UnorthodoX
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2007, 01:05:11 PM »
I dont really much time can to watch a vid 3 times in 20 mins, now I could
Barney, you're a very good editor with your own stlye. The music was in your style too. Barney is the god, a legend, and a style.

Offline brandon6199

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
UnorthodoX
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2007, 01:14:04 PM »
brandon61generic's HUGE ASS OMFG > OSTIS'S REVIEW!!!!!

Foreword:

Well then, it is finally here. He's been workin on it for months. It was supposed to be a collab, I think he was supposed to be in Geronimo or something, then he left. Then he was supposed to make a collab with boo, but I dont know what happened after that. So he just said he was gonna make a "solo." He never mentioned it would be THE FUCKING BEST VIDEO EVER MADE OMG       Ive been waiting so long for this, and ive seen at least 5 of the reps which brought this vid down for me A LITTLE , but still, the level of OMFGness in this video is amazing....

Intro:

Just like he said, he wasn't gonna spend 2 minutes on a whole pointless intro that no one would watch *cough* One Mind *cough* . Even though you cant tell because the transparency on the UnorthodoX, he made the intro without replays, camhack, scm scripting, or anything  Very nice intro that you wouldnt want to skip, not too long at all. Just perfect. Barney likes to get straight to the point in his videos. Awesome job on that barney

Main:

The best stunt video I have ever seen in my whole entire pathetic generic life....

Without any further nonsense words... I present to you my review of.....

UnorthodoX

0:15 : Just insane, awesome distance, incredible height, beautiful krail as well. First one to land the silos from the airport I think? Just awesome stunt, that would of been good enough for the finisher in BBB, AND WERE JUST GETTING STARTED

0:23 : 11 hours straight on skype, no breaks, no food, no pissing, Just stunting. He's cleared the roof, hes came like 1 ft short of it, but in the end, barney never quits. JUST AWEESOME STUNT WOW!!! The angle on that is such a bitch. Congrats barney, awesome stunt, just beautiful. 166 ft p2b.

0:42 : Thats barney for you, creativity, and variety. Fucking awesome job man on that ledge grind. It was so smooth...  lovin the sparks btw

0:47 : Barney and I had a race on who could land this first. I DID IT BUT I FELL IN THE WATER, and our challenge was that we had to land on the ground, and barney landed it before I did and yep, I lost  Just awesome stunt barney, man, just beautfil, the krail, the grind, the sandking bump lol, Perfect.

0:56 : HOLY SHIT!!!!  AWESOME!!!!!! That was the best mid-air AG ever!!!! JUST AWESOME!!!

1:05 : Barney showed me this spot a while back, and I was trying it, and I landed it, with a PCJ, but he said I couldnt have it , then he goes and tells me hes gonna land it with a freeway lol... AWESOME STUNT MAN!!! I dont think anyones ever landed the 2nd windows without a vehicle, and hell, with a freeway LOL. Just awesome man

1:13 : AWESOME MAN, great variety in your stunts. I loved the precision landing with that faggio

1:21 : He was originally trying to CSM from that rail, but this was even a better idea. He got close so many times, and he finally landed it. BEST CSM EVER!!!  That was 156 feet high, and no ones ever landed the top of that unmodded, hell, who would of ever thought it would be done with a CSM?

1:37 :  THAT WAS INSANE!!! HOLY SHIT!!! That was awesome, no ones landed up there with a freeway have they? and he does it without any vehicles...lol....

1:44 : What a barney video without any fire grinds? That was insane dude, I loved it. Simple, and Nice fire grind, GJ

1:54 : Sweet natural bump to the airport dude, really nice, especiially liked how you synced the music to this part of the stunt. Awesome man!

2:10 : I LOVED THIS STUNT!!! Just perfect grind, flawless. This stunt is absouletly perfect, and I loved every second of it

2:26 : Fucking awesome grind 2 360 2 grind, and he grinded the WHOLE rail, awesome stunt. Wow.

2:39 : And barney says he cant taxi stunt... heh. Awesome stunt man, wow, how many times have I said awesome today? Brilliant. Just awesome precision landing with a taxi.

3:02 : OMFG. WOW AWESOME. HOW HIGH WAS THAT? THAT WAS THE BEST BUS BUMP EVER. Yeah, Torque! LOL. Is this the one feron was trying with a tank? Anyways, just awesome. Wow. Made my jaw drop.

3:18 : Creativity for you, who would of ever thought of doing this? Perfect execution, I loved it. Awesome ledge grind.

3:35 : Lets recap on the vehicles hes used in this video: PCJ, freeway, faggio, taxi, now an infernus. Awesome man, never thought of landing the ring with an infernus, I love the variety in your vids

3:44 : Sick ass bump 2 double grind. If only you did this on fire.... awesome stunt anyways, pwns hard.

3:54: He originally tried to do this with a csm, but I guess he used a packer instead. FUCKING AWESOME MAN INSANE BEST STUNT EVER THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! BEST FINISHER STUNT EVER BARNEY YOU ARE GOD!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

Editing:

Awesome editing, not over the top, and straight to the point. Didnt draw any attention away from the stunts. Great song too man. I love it :]

Overall:

The best VC/LC stunt video ever. Period.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 01:20:08 PM by brandon6199 »

Offline VenomX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
UnorthodoX
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2007, 01:17:47 PM »
Number of times Brandon6199 said awesome in that review: 26.

I loved the video, definitely one of the best I've seen for a long long time.  Stunning job .

Offline NuclearDeath

• TMS Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
UnorthodoX
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2007, 01:30:20 PM »
166ft ptb from the roof or the bump ?

Offline brandon6199

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
UnorthodoX
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2007, 01:36:46 PM »