Author Topic: [WH] Doperide III  (Read 36642 times)

Offline GriMm

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2006, 04:43:41 AM »
I dont know that why are you use Userbars like: RAD's method user and keep wheels on ground... Dont need... If you find a stunt and you can make it without RAD's cause the runups doesnt let you to do then you wont make RAD's and It isnt nice if you just lift up your wheel and doing RAD's without it could effect your speed just because it looks cool. The RAD's M is really start to affect to speed after you reach 120kmh and in little runups you can reach this "speed-limit". It is the best if you know How to do RAD's M and if you need it then usimg it in high run ups to reach bigger speed and if you dont like RAD's or cant make it then ask help but dont be against of it. It is really make easier the big runups. You can tell your opinion but dont be affect for others just because your opinion is against RAD's method.

"sorry for suck english I hope you'll understand what I try to explain.

Offline Ph33r

• View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #151 on: December 08, 2006, 04:55:02 AM »
Pwnage vid!! IMHO, it was a little better that The Awakening (Sorry ATS).. The stunts were awesome.. The editing great.. The music rocked... EXCEPT the camera angles.. Sometimes it got quite hard to see where you bumped..

Stunts: 15/10
Editing: 8.5/10
Music: 10/10
Overall: 11.2/10

Offline Ralleee

• The Ralmeister
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #152 on: December 08, 2006, 05:34:43 AM »
Why?

Offline WEREWOLF

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2006, 05:37:17 AM »
Quote from: ralleee
Why?
cause you're sexy

Offline Ralleee

• The Ralmeister
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #154 on: December 08, 2006, 05:38:20 AM »
Aww thanks WEREWOLF.

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2006, 06:26:04 AM »
Since there has been so much talk about it i might as well throw in my own view on it.
To all of saying RADs method is lame... well that depends on what you put in that.
If you do a regular 40-50-60ft bump using RADs method i'd say you need to try harder stunts.
The method itself is far from lame, but doing medicore stunts with it is something i'd consider lame.
When you utilize RADs method to get more speed you should also go for a stunt that requires more speed.
RADs method is NOT just a way to make stunts easier, it's a method to do what we dreamed about before RAD found out about it.
If you think RADs method is lame, i'll say you're approaching it the wrong way.
Now if you say a normal stunt where RADs method was used i might agree with'ya since RADs method is something that raises the average level of stunts you except to see if you utilize it.
The bottom line is you should use RADs method to do new stunts that wouldn't be possible without it instead of making easy stunts easier.

And for the comments on the vid, i think some of you are exaggerating the so called crap camera angles.
We did all do our best for this and it's kinda sad to see comments on how the editing suck, how crap the camera angles and that you didn't like the music... maybe you should ask yourself if you were expecting too much?

Quote from: mike333
Fuck you ralleee
Cool down wouldya, Ralleee didn't know that you had done the same stunt... this happens all the time so welcome to the fucking world of stunting.
If you're gonna flame a single individual in a crew movie topic i suggest you use a PM unless you do it for the attention.

Offline WEREWOLF

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2006, 07:20:31 AM »
I'll drop my 2 cents(i hope Daffy would forgive me this offtopic )

Some people asks what's the problem with RAD's method since leaning forward increases your speed too so there is no difference. I'll tell you the difference - leaning forward was discovered in the very beginning of stunting when the stunting was more creative and it was based on improvisation, not on selecting some stunt as a challenge and trying to do it. So modern stunting was already based on leaning forward. But RAD's came not a lot of time ago, and now people (easily) do stunts with RAD's that others were trying without it, so all the time they spent trying it without RAD's actually a waste of time. RAD's changed stunting and opened a new era of stunting, but it was too harsh with the old one. And a lot of great old spots that was difficult to complete without RAD's just vanished.
The was another stunting breakthrough that's kinda similar to this case - p2bs and bsms. Now people often bitch about making p2b or bsm instead of natural bump - for quite the same reasons.
Also RAD's method users defend themself saying that it's not modding. Of course it's true, but what would it change? Why don't we allow gravmod to make more new stunts possible? Clothes glitch isn't modding too but nobody uses it cause you can't fall off your bike so stunting would become easier(actually, that's the reason some people aren't into SA stunting).

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2006, 07:32:15 AM »
Comparing RADs method with modding is just sad.
You don't have to change or add a single file to do RADs method.

Offline ZeroX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2006, 07:44:35 AM »
Quote from: Liviu
Quote from: ZeroX
Quote from: Liviu
I just find the whole idea of being anti-RAD's useless, i mean,  why dont we ' subliminaly ban through such comments ' the normal lean trick aswell, since its just another, weaker way of going faster and higher

i know i used the word 'ban' and its a far cry from what he meant but he (and mostly everyone else) made it clear that he would enjoy stunts more if they werent done with rads. the reason for this i fail to explain

I think you still don't understand.. Kan said there was TOO MUCH RAD technique in the video, he wasn't saying there is anything wrong with the technique itself, just that it was used too much. Just like if there were loads of cork2grinds but no other stunts in a video.

you think wrong zerox, i can verywell say theres TOO MUCH lean trick in a vid, it shouldnt be something worth pointing out since its a method normal as. hell, if they seem less impressive to you just say they didnt impress you that much and thats that. he didnt say there is something wrong but in the back of mostly everyones head they got something against it, and it bothers them that they used rad, even though they dont speak up, that you cant deny

i was gonn answer to aries too but this is getting too far and i dont want to start an argument

oh and stfu rrrafael,please.

dont forget zerox, finding/spotting a cool stunt is the hardest part, then comes the landing n all that, so in the end saying a particular stunt isnt as impressive just because he landed it with an extra 10-20 ft.... is pretty wierd

why do you use the normal lean method when doing a grind for example, ill tell you, because the result is faster, higher and just plain better, same goes for bumps and everything else, better rotation n w/e, if one says that a stunt is less impressive just because it isnt landed like samurais cool p2b in toas (just barely) then... one has problems

but then again... in the end everyone has their oppinion and im starting to feel sorry i started this little argument, its your buisness if u dont like rads, cant change your oppinion can i

Its not so much the RAD technique itself that bothers me, just the stunts that result from it, like in this video all the RAD stunts (with the exception of eddemans crazy ass grind) were just long and high roofs, I do still find the stunts less impressive due to the significance of the speed boost, its just a bit uncanny I think, also unrealistic, not that anything else in stunting is realistic, but the leaning forward speed boost is obviously not a glitch because the same applies on a real motocycle, doing a wheelie however would make you go slower, clearly a glitch IMO, but before anybody says that BSMs are a glitch too, thats true, and I was skeptical about them at first too.

Also I don't think its that hard to find a spot with this technique, very hard to find a spot without using it though.

I'm not trying to convince you that you and everybody else is wrong, just explaining why I don't really like the technique.

Clothes glitch isn't modding too but nobody uses it cause you can't fall off your bike so stunting would become easier(actually, that's the reason some people aren't into SA stunting).
Good point.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 08:00:42 AM by ZeroX »

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2006, 08:24:38 AM »
I agree with Daffy, comparing RAD's it with modding is sad. Also I think it's sad to compare it with glitches, cause I don't really see it as a "glitch". For me it's a way of driving the bike and I use it all the time, even when it's not needed. I'm sure people lean forward too, even when they don't need it. I'm aware that all of the members here don't agree though...

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2006, 08:28:21 AM »
Look, this is the main point of what people who say they don't enjoy watching RAD's method in videos are trying to say (I think).

"Don't use RAD's method unless its completely impossible to do a stunt with OUT it. If a stunt that can easily be done with out the need of this method is put in a video using RAD's technique then the stunt shall be called gay."

I think^ thats what people are trying to get across.

Offline WEREWOLF

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #161 on: December 08, 2006, 08:36:43 AM »
Quote from: Daffy
Comparing RADs method with modding is just sad.
You don't have to change or add a single file to do RADs method.
so what?  bike skins and some shit like that is modding, but it's allowed. and you haven't really answered my question about modding.

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #162 on: December 08, 2006, 08:51:29 AM »
Quote from: Nitzkit
Look, this is the main point of what people who say they don't enjoy watching RAD's method in videos are trying to say (I think).

"Don't use RAD's method unless its completely impossible to do a stunt with OUT it. If a stunt that can easily be done with out the need of this method is put in a video using RAD's technique then the stunt shall be called gay."

I think^ thats what people are trying to get across.
Yeah, but most stunts in this vid aren't possible without the method (I think).

I have to say there were too many of them in this vid though, some variety is good too.

Offline NuclearDeath

• TMS Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #163 on: December 08, 2006, 08:53:43 AM »
Wow 163 coments,dling.

PS:164 now

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2006, 09:38:53 AM »
Weak arguement WW. Modding stunter skins and bike skins does not change the actual physics of the game.

I do NOT use RAD's method myself. But I feel we need to accept it - it's not a glitch, it's not a cheat. It's 100% legal, and folk need to quit their bitching about it.

There's my 23 pence into it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal