Author Topic: [WH] Doperide III  (Read 36643 times)

Offline brandon6199

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #135 on: December 07, 2006, 07:02:47 PM »
Quote from: Daffy
Quote from: SabotagE
btw again, Daffy stunts with a gamepad, Aries.
No i don't  
I have a XBOX 360 controller but i'm still better without because i haven't gotten used to it yet.
All the stunts i did here was done with a keyboard.

Quote from: RasKaL
It's because I dont have a Wasteland Hero's tag.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Indiana_Jonas/WH/WH_U_RasKaL.jpg\" border=\"0\" alt=\"IPB Image\" /]
Code: [Select]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Indiana_Jonas/WH/WH_U_RasKaL.jpg[/IMG]

Yep i have one too, I used to stunt with it, but i find the keyboard easier...

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2006, 07:28:38 PM »
.mp4 version added.

Offline Master_Yayo

• View Profile
    • http://
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2006, 07:50:01 PM »
11/10-I gave Bad Company a 10 and this was better so there you go   I have no clue why anybody would not like this video. No offense to the ppl that said they didn't. I really think this is right up there with Aetas. I love the look and feel of the video! The stunts were just jaw dropping I swear they just keep getting better  Everybody deserves major praise for this video. RAD's method is divine. It didn't take away anything from the video imo. It is totally up to you to think that a stunt done with RAD's method is too easy. I don't have a (VC) ego  so I really can't say much is easy from my point of view, I loved it great job again! thanks Daffy

Offline Sabotage

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2006, 09:23:24 PM »
Quote from: Daffy
Quote from: SabotagE
btw again, Daffy stunts with a gamepad, Aries.
No i don't  
I have a XBOX 360 controller but i'm still better without because i haven't gotten used to it yet.
All the stunts i did here was done with a keyboard.

Demonfade is a dirty fucking liar. Gawd damn.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 09:32:35 PM by Daffy »

Offline ZeroX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2006, 09:25:44 PM »
No shit.

I got the video to work, first thing I noticed was something somebody else pointed out earlier which is that the intro doesn't really flow into the main part as well as it could. The main song is great I've never heard it before but I like it,  doesn't fit the stunts the best but it does fit IMO. I have to agree with Kan though, there were way too many stunts starting with a wheelie, perhaps if there were less they would be more impressive, but the fact there is so many onto very high roofs just indicates to me that these stunts could not be too much of a challange, there was one really high packerbump done by rallee in downtown though that I didn't see any wheelie in, awesome job on that one, assuming you didn't use the RAD technique, even if you did its a pretty nice stunt, just not awesome. Well thats enough about RAD, I don't like them stunts, that is my opinion, I hope I won't have to argue with somebody who thinks they can tell me how I feel towards the matter.

The 2 grinds by Daffy were great, THAT is what I call real stunting.

Noapologies, I want to know the truth, was that taxi stunt a fluke or did you really intend to land in that little spot  fluke or not its still great, good one.

Editing, well, cool credits! Seriously, they looked really good. The main body was ok, the song has no real synching value, which resulted in you not over-editing the video by the looks of it.  I like a clean edit rather then seeing loads of effects so that was good.

Decent video, Daffys grinds made it worth the download, having so many of the same type of stunt really bring any video down IMO, especially when that type of stunt is RAD.

EDIT: Oh yea I do know that song, it just sounds different, remix? FATA rules!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 10:05:33 PM by ZeroX »

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2006, 09:33:53 PM »
 I'm just gonna give it to ya straight, The intro.........  what's up with that? Ok, I'll give ya it was simple but c'mon guys. I don't want to sound like a hardass but it just looks like something you did at the last minute.

The editing..........I gotta go with the majority here. A FEW of the cam angles did make it tough to follow the stunt. Still it really didn't take away much from the overall job ya did on the editing Daf. It was still a great job.

The music.....well it wasn't one of my favorites but you did a great job working the stunts into it and the music provided great energy to the vid.

The stunts........I'm not a big fan of this "technique" that was extensively used through out the vid but damn, you guys pulled off some kick ass stuff in this vid. I do feel that a bit more variety, something other than a bunch of huge ass bumps would have been nice. Don't get me wrong, I know you guys worked hard on these.

In conclusion........A great vid, props to all you guys. I enjoyed it. 9/10

Offline deviate

• Veteran Member
  • AENIMA
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2006, 09:58:40 PM »
I think that's one of the hardest rating I've ever seen Neo give, high too.

Offline brandon6199

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2006, 10:02:53 PM »
Will we see a [WH] Doperide IV in the future?

Offline Eddeman

• View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2006, 10:33:38 PM »
Quote from: Aries
Kingjad I trust Eddeman 100%, he's one of my best stunting, friends  Sorry for having faith and trust, it wont happen again.

<3 Luuuuuurve

If anyone wants to see any reps I'll post them

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2006, 11:08:31 PM »
Quote from: ZeroX

Noapologies, I want to know the truth, was that taxi stunt a fluke or did you really intend to land in that little spot  fluke or not its still great, good one.

Fluke all the way. I was aiming for the row of buildings on the other side of the park. Those buildings will also be damn difficult since half of them still don't have the right roofs and they're all so damn small.

Offline deviate

• Veteran Member
  • AENIMA
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2006, 11:29:41 PM »
Yep I lost the bump to Daffy, 2 packerbumps to Raskal, a packerbump to Plethzorb and Mike almost lost a packerbump

Horrible camera views, not your best editing, I wouldn't really choose a song like that for a video and it wasn't very synch-friendly. The stunts blew me away though, a real action packed film, but the action was just projected awkwardly.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 11:30:48 PM by Shogun »

Offline Ph33r

• View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2006, 12:55:59 AM »
1 Day and 147 post.. I'm WAYYYY late.. Dling..

Offline Liviu

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dota-allstars.com
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2006, 01:53:35 AM »
Quote from: ZeroX
Quote from: Liviu
I just find the whole idea of being anti-RAD's useless, i mean,  why dont we ' subliminaly ban through such comments ' the normal lean trick aswell, since its just another, weaker way of going faster and higher

i know i used the word 'ban' and its a far cry from what he meant but he (and mostly everyone else) made it clear that he would enjoy stunts more if they werent done with rads. the reason for this i fail to explain

I think you still don't understand.. Kan said there was TOO MUCH RAD technique in the video, he wasn't saying there is anything wrong with the technique itself, just that it was used too much. Just like if there were loads of cork2grinds but no other stunts in a video.

you think wrong zerox, i can verywell say theres TOO MUCH lean trick in a vid, it shouldnt be something worth pointing out since its a method normal as. hell, if they seem less impressive to you just say they didnt impress you that much and thats that. he didnt say there is something wrong but in the back of mostly everyones head they got something against it, and it bothers them that they used rad, even though they dont speak up, that you cant deny

i was gonn answer to aries too but this is getting too far and i dont want to start an argument

oh and stfu rrrafael,please.

dont forget zerox, finding/spotting a cool stunt is the hardest part, then comes the landing n all that, so in the end saying a particular stunt isnt as impressive just because he landed it with an extra 10-20 ft.... is pretty wierd

why do you use the normal lean method when doing a grind for example, ill tell you, because the result is faster, higher and just plain better, same goes for bumps and everything else, better rotation n w/e, if one says that a stunt is less impressive just because it isnt landed like samurais cool p2b in toas (just barely) then... one has problems

but then again... in the end everyone has their oppinion and im starting to feel sorry i started this little argument, its your buisness if u dont like rads, cant change your oppinion can i
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 02:09:59 AM by Liviu »

Offline WEREWOLF

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2006, 02:50:58 AM »
Good vid. Some crazy stunts like Eddeman's huge krail2grind or Daffy's last bump(i see Daffy shared a lot of his ideas ). However some cam angles were awful, and the over-usage of rad's wasn't that good too. But i still liked the vid, more variety would've been better tho.

Offline THEFTman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[WH] Doperide III
« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2006, 03:23:41 AM »
Nah, when Daffy said that Doperide 3 gonna pwn ATS's last vid i was exited, now it's just turned out wrong...

Things I didn't like:

1. No variety, just Huge bumps and Huge p2bs, i'm the old-school baby, show me some great exiting stuff.

2. Editing, damn, that wasn't the thing i wanted to see, i'm too used to Daffy's style  

3. Again you took sountrack from CS video, now even from a beta LOL, dude, try to waste your time on finding music yourself... I'm not saying it's bad, but, just not seriously surprising me...

Things I liked:

1. Some really pwnage stuff, even if it was done with RAD's, i have no problem of ppl using RAD's

and that's all good about it =/

No full review since i do them only to real exiting vids or when i'm not lazy...

Good job on making last vid  and good luck to WH itself!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal