I really wanted to check out the Company of Heroes, so I decided to get the THQ pack today since it was on sale. Unfortunately
, the pack came with Saints Row 2. My god is it terrible.
1. The graphics completely suck. While this wouldn't be a problem as graphics don't make a game, the fact that it runs slower with everything on high compared to GTAIV with a combo of high and medium settings and Mass Effect on high is highly disturbing.
2. The audio in the game is a complete joke. The person who managed the audio and the person who coded the audio engine both need to be shot.
3. Tons of glitches, glitches, glitches! Did I mention glitches?
4. On Windows 7, the game runs in some kind of fast forward mode where the game is sped up. To fix this issue you have to force the game speed to a slower rate through memory hacks. However, this causes the cut scene audio to desync.
5. The worst control setup ever.
My system setup:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
540 GB Total
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Vizio 22' HDTV10A
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)